Unclear sound when engine on

Currently reading:
Unclear sound when engine on

fraaz786

Hi all,

in my fiat punto mk2 iv got infinity reference comps at the front and a kenwood amp and alpine type r sub in the back. The sound is perfect and very clear when the engine is off. However when i turn the engine on sometimes the sound just cuts off completely but most of the time it goes very crackly and unclear. I thought it was the speakers so i changed from my vibe comps to infinitys. they sound better but the unclear sound is still there. If i put it loud enough its clear again, but at low volume there is lots of interference. I have no idea what to do so any help would be appreciated :confused:

thanks

Does the pitch change with engine revs?

no but if i have the headunit on but volume off, and im driving it sounds like its got turbo lol.

Search For a ground loop isolator after checking your earth is a good connection low down in the spare wheel bay is good and make sure its sanded down to the metal.

From what i can gather, I have exactly the same problem!

It only started to happen when i connected my 2nd amp!

It makes a whurring noise - this noise gets louder when i accelerate.

If the musics up loud i cant hear it though.

Some1 said to me that it may be something to do with where i grounded it! (As the car also has a ground!)

If any one can shed some light on this then please help!

Thanks BEN ;)

The 1st time I intalled a system I used a painted ground and had the exact same issues. Either earth the ground wire to a screw/bolt where other electrics are grounded (I used the one that my rear lights use) or sand down some paintwork in the spare wheel well and use the bare metal as a ground. Either is fine.

THanks for your replies. iv checked the earth and even moved it and sanded it. Unfortunately im still having the same problem. now it hardly ever works when i switch the engine on and even when it does its really unclear.

Back