Unattended Install Windows XP

Currently reading:
Unattended Install Windows XP

mehstg

GPS Multijet 1.9 Orange
Hi there, possibly one for Chris or Hellcat.

I have built loads of unattended installs of xp using NLite before. Just out of interest, is it possible to then have the unattended install add applications to the system (like the XP Black Edition does).

I would like my system to automatically install SP3, Visual Studio, NetBeans, Altovia XMLSpy, Daemon Tools and Evernote. So when I get too much on my Uni install of Windows, I can just reformat easy.

P(y)

Tis an idea, cheers.

Was wondering if it was possible to do as an unattended install though.....just to satisfy personal curiosity.

P(y)

next time you do an clean install, just image/ghost it when its done and fresh.

Then if you get fed up, just bung the image on.

:yeahthat:

Thats the way I'd do it. As long as the hardware your using stays similar / the same it will work best. Much quicker too (y) :p.

Get a copy of the Hirens BootCD this has Ghost 11 bootable from the CD then just make an image onto a USB Hard drive or even burn it onto a DVD.

ive heard nowt bad about it really, and use it on my xp install. afaik you can get all the updates to patch sp2 to sp3 without installing sp3 though

Just out of interest, is it possible to then have the unattended install add applications to the system (like the XP Black Edition does).
That looks an interesting download (mldonkey is on it now) ;)

Personally, I like to keep my system stable - been OK for 5 years now - but it's interesting to know what's out there :)

Back