Technical unadentified noise from bottom of the car

Currently reading:
Technical unadentified noise from bottom of the car

yaniv2

hello,
i'm new in this forum and just want to say well done! it's a great forum, keep it up! :)
i am from israel so i'm sorry about my english...:D
my problem is a noise from the bottom of the engine while driving on bumps i hear metal noise like somthing is loosen down there.. i went to the garage to check it but nothing have been found loosen. the exhaust system has been checked to. any ideas?
thank you,

yaniv from israel

Hi Yaniv, welcome to the forum:) . It is a sort of clunking noise, only when going over bumps etc, also when u turn the steering is there some slight play? Could be a ball joint in the wishbone. Any1 else got any ideas?

bottom wishbones favorite. anti roll bar? you need to get a long bar and put torque on the wishbone rubbers. if they move, they need replacing.:)

thanks for the tip, i hope those are the rubbers that need replacing and not somthing else.
any way, it is a knocking noise but it has nothing to do with turning the steering wheel left or right. you can hear the noise while driving in a straight line to...

yaniv :)

tonyfurnell, thanks, i will cheak it

Last edited:
yaniv2 said:
thanks for the tip, i hope those are the rubbers that need replacing and not somthing else.
any way, it is a knocking noise but it has nothing to do with turning the steering wheel left or right. you can hear the noise while driving in a straight line to...

yaniv :)

tonyfurnell, thanks, i will cheak it
noise in straight line could be track control arms [usually gives tyre wear on the inside of the tread]. anti roll bar bushes or hanger broken. drive shaft worn.

Back