General Ulysse

Currently reading:
General Ulysse

lanciaman

Established member
Swithering about one of these to replace my Grand Cherokee V8. A nice 2.2jtd prestigio would do the job but Eleganze much more common. Anything to watch out for in particular? Is the 2.0 pretty much as good as the 2.2? Any idea which road tax band each falls into? Like the idea of the auto but manual more sensible.

Opinions welcome!

I bought a 2004 2.0 Auto Eleganza and it's pretty much a perfect 7-seater no problems in 42000 miles rides well and is much better built than previous model - Prestigio only has 6 seats and you really only get colour sat nav and sunroofs over the Eleganza - mpg is 26-32 power is ample on the petrol diesel much torquier - road tax on the petrols is a problem my auto is rising to 420 pounds in 2010 but the manual diesels are around 250 - you will not find a better people carrier for the now ridiculously low prices you can pick them up for suggesta 2.0 JTD auto 04/54 plate with 40k should be around 6000 max

Thanks for the reply. I had noticed the low prices, which always appeals :D Helps that I am a Fiat/Lancia fan to boot. Interesting what you say about the Prestigio spec. Certainly not worth bothering about. Your potential road tax is astonishing and utterly ridiculous. Usual nonsense from this government.

I think I'll take a look at Eleganzas, but one of the jtd. We do quite a high mileage so although diesel is dearer, it would pay for itself.

Does the Prestigio come with electric sliding doors? If so, a good reason to avoid that version as they are bound to become a cropper at some point!
cheers(y)

Back