General ulysse proberley being scrapped

Currently reading:
General ulysse proberley being scrapped

Hi all

Unfortunately our 2004 petrol elenganza ulysse will probably be scrapped, the clutch has just gone, been quoted £700.00 for clutch, cam belt is due been quoted £440.00, car in average condition, with 129000 miles on the clock, most garages would not quote for the clutch.
One other problem with car, it cut out on me doing 70 mph on duel carriage way over taking a hgv, then just burst back in to life, not a pleasant experience, done this twice this week.
Will put ad on forum this week, for spares.
Sorry to see car go after five years service, all I have had to replace is two tyres and a rear exhaust.

All the best

Robert

Can't understand your logic. You're willing to bin a car you know and have owned half of its life because 2 wear and tear parts need replacing :confused:

You could go out an buy something else only for exactly the same to happen 3 months later (unless buying new I suppose). Personally I'd just get the jobs done and continue with year more happy driving.

The cutting out may only be a small issue like battery connection also ;)

Last edited:
Hi Most easterly panda

I can see what you are saying, car does have other issue, headlights switch on when light stalk is in off position and will switch on and off intermiterly so have to run with headlight on all the time, rear suspension is making some funny noise, and the engine is starting to use oil, I will be having the wives 09 diesel qubo for work, we are getting a Chevrolet Orland 1.8 petrol automatic on a 2012 plate.

Robert

Those prices seem a bit high (dealer quote?).

My local garage charges £120 in labour to change the cambelt if I buy the kit (£128 for the gaites kit with waterpump).

Whereabouts are you in the country?

Back