Technical ulysse oil leak intermitent

Currently reading:
Technical ulysse oil leak intermitent

woody1982

i have a 2001 fiat ulysse 2.0 el in the last few days have noticed a severe oil leak while the car is running but not all the time , the pipes in front of the filter are covered in oil and so is the filter but i checked while it was leaking and it seemed to be coming from above the filter housing not the filter itself, but i cant get a look above the housing and dont know what to expect, to get a good look ill have to take everything off from the front of engine to get a look ie, inlet manifold throttle housing etc and to put it mildly i can only just about do an oil change, and like i said from under neath i can see the oil filter and what that attached to and thats it but leak seems just above this out of view

so any help or manuals would be gratefull

As a first step, try spraying an oil dissolving solvent - kerosene say - onto the entire area behind the manifold above the filter, then you might get a chance to pin point the location of the leak. Is this a petrol EV1?

thank for answering brittleware yes it is an ev1, petrol
update: oil leak has got worse today, oil and stop light staying on permanently and a steady stream of oil is now visible
this is what i have discovered so far, looking up at the filter from underneath i can see a silver piece which 2 cooling pipes are attached to but the leak is just above this piece with the cooling pipes out of view but i can feel some kind of sensor but i cant actually feel the leek if that makes sense, oh and its not behind the inlet manifold its just below the plastic inlet manifold but theres not enough room to get my hands down to the area unless i completely remove the manifold which i dont know how to do, and there seems to be alot more to remove like throtle wiring loom, i think injectors too, silver piece is oil cooler

Last edited:
sorry had to ask this but the oil filter is attached to wat looks like a oil cooler but i cant find any mention online that the petrol 2.0 el 16v even had a oil cooler and cant find anywhere to even buy a new one, only the diesel

Back