General ulysse cutting out

Currently reading:
General ulysse cutting out

lackie

hi i'm new here and looking for some advise
i currently have a ulysse r reg 98 2.0
has been running well since bought with the only problem being a switch for the passenger electric window.
has now developed a nasty habit of cutting out at the most at the most inopportune moments resulting lack of brake and steering:devil:. as you can understand my wife has now refused to let me take the boys in it until its fixed
would be grateful for any advise regarding this or if any one can tell me if this is a common problem currently sitting in a garage at present.

hi, mine did the same yesterday, 2004 2.2 eleganza, now sat on the side of the road. Starting motor turns over engine doesn't catch. STOP light on dash illuminated. Beeps when you try to start. Wife said "anti pollution system faulty" came on when it cut out. Can't access warning log in diagnostics.
Will keep you posted of any results.

Hi

My 2000 (W) did tis some months ago. Replaced the idle valve and yhis fixed it. It cost around 80.00 fitted but looked like quite an easy job if you want to have a go your self. Hope this helps.

Thanks Colin, sorry about late reply(ISP probs) Car is now in dealers, will hopefully have an update tomorrow. Will mention idle valve. Ta

Latest on car, dealer said diagnostics show immobiliser/key fault.
Had to give them second key, they wanted to reprogram them. Didn't solve problem.
Now they say it COULD be the fuel pump, as of yesterday they had the tank off, but it was "giving them the run around, and they couldn't be sure that this was the problem".
It doesn't give you much faith in the diagnostic equipment. Is this just a Ullysse problem or Fiat in general?
:bang:

Car is now fixed and back on my drive.:D
It ran out of fuel.
When the garage had the tank off , they noticed it was empty but the had been reading 1/4 full. They said that when that happened the computer shut everything down and even if it had been refilled and bled, it wouldn't have started.
They downloaded new software which sorted the faulty fuel guage.(The wing mirrors now open when you unlock it, it used to happen when the ignition was turned on. Also the doors lock just after the car starts moving.)
Presume it must have been general software upgrade not just fuel guage specific.
Asked when these upgrades should get done, the garage said "when it comes in because something has broke/stopped working".

(The wing mirrors now open when you unlock it, it used to happen when the ignition was turned on. Also the doors lock just after the car starts moving.)

The wing mirrors opening when you unlock it is new. The doors locking when you move off can be controlled by holding the door lock button in the centre above the rear view mirror. Holding it in for about three seconds toggles this feature on and off. You get alerted as to which state it's in on the rt3 screen.

Glad the other problem was resolved.

Lou

Last edited:
Had a similar problem when I picked up my 2003 2.2JTD Ulysse from the garage. First journey was 90 miles. "No problem as the nice man from the garage seems to have put a quarter tank of fuel in for me!!"

Outside lane of the A1 overtaking a lorry when no power and a host of warning messages on the screen. Glide the car into a layby without death or distruction.

Car still read 1/4 tank and computer says 130 miles. AA called. He arrives check diagnostics nothing. Clears the warning messages at which point the gauges drop to empty. I now keep any eye on the computer to make sure it is updating!!

Back