UK petrol / diesel 2nd cheapest in Europe...

Currently reading:
UK petrol / diesel 2nd cheapest in Europe...

Ffoxy

Telford's Own...
Anyone else spot this in this week's Auto-Express?

Average UK cost of a litre of Un-leaded is £1.26p, only "Ireland" is cheaper at £1.25. (all costs are converted to UK £'s)

However... a friend recently text me he paid £1.20 per litre in Southern France... so again, dont believe everything you read in the Press!

Attachments

• EU Fuel Prices.JPG
    EU Fuel Prices.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 34
35p a GALLON (8 pints) when I first passed my test!
Or do I recall badly?
Any other Silver Surfers remember?
What was the cost of a gallon of petrol in 1971 - 72?

Mind you I did only earn £25 a week back then, & gave £10 up for my board!

Last edited:
UK doesnt have enough distillery / storage capacity for diesel so has to ship in.

UK doesnt have enough distillery / storage capacity for diesel so has to ship in.

The tale I heard a couple of years ago was that marine diesel was screwing the environment so they were to stop using that & start using 'our' diesel (for cars, lorries etc).
so, with the increase in road diesels and now a huge maritime market, the government can really cash in.

Anyone else spot this in this week's Auto-Express?

Average UK cost of a litre of Un-leaded is £1.26p, only "Ireland" is cheaper at £1.25. (all costs are converted to UK £'s)

However... a friend recently text me he paid £1.20 per litre in Southern France... so again, dont believe everything you read in the Press!

I've seen diesel at €1.30 in some places over here, dodgy much? :rolleyes: €1.41 for diesel and €1.50 is the average for petrol. Its cheaper here because its sh*te :mad: The crap we get nearly destroyed several engines here :bang:

I usually get my petrol in Texaco or BP, the local-ish stations (y) £50 to fill up the Bravo on ultimate :D

Last edited:
Back