UK petrol / diesel 2nd cheapest in Europe...

Currently reading:
UK petrol / diesel 2nd cheapest in Europe...

Ffoxy

Telford's Own...
Anyone else spot this in this week's Auto-Express?

Average UK cost of a litre of Un-leaded is £1.26p, only "Ireland" is cheaper at £1.25. (all costs are converted to UK £'s)

However... a friend recently text me he paid £1.20 per litre in Southern France... so again, dont believe everything you read in the Press!

bludvl_x19

42 Wallaby Way Sydney
Wow, people here bitch about the cost of petrol, I filled up at A$1.38 the other day, which works out to 87p of your Sterling currency.

JustAndy

Doesn't own a fiat..
Wow, people here bitch about the cost of petrol, I filled up at A$1.38 the other day, which works out to 87p of your Sterling currency.

If it was 0.87p per litre, I would be so happy! Its £1.33 round here at the moment :mad:

Davren

Staff member

Attachments

• EU Fuel Prices.JPG
    EU Fuel Prices.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Ffoxy

Ffoxy

Telford's Own...
35p a GALLON (8 pints) when I first passed my test!
Or do I recall badly?
Any other Silver Surfers remember?
What was the cost of a gallon of petrol in 1971 - 72?

Mind you I did only earn £25 a week back then, & gave £10 up for my board!

Last edited:

Davren

Staff member

bludvl_x19

42 Wallaby Way Sydney
Youre not. A quick look out the window and down the hill says its $1.319 for ULP and $1.359 for disesal. It's only been like this since the advent of useful diesel cars that don't sound like tractors.

OP
OP
Ffoxy

Ffoxy

Telford's Own...
UK doesnt have enough distillery / storage capacity for diesel so has to ship in.

UK doesnt have enough distillery / storage capacity for diesel so has to ship in.

The tale I heard a couple of years ago was that marine diesel was screwing the environment so they were to stop using that & start using 'our' diesel (for cars, lorries etc).
so, with the increase in road diesels and now a huge maritime market, the government can really cash in.

Anyone else spot this in this week's Auto-Express?

Average UK cost of a litre of Un-leaded is £1.26p, only "Ireland" is cheaper at £1.25. (all costs are converted to UK £'s)

However... a friend recently text me he paid £1.20 per litre in Southern France... so again, dont believe everything you read in the Press!

I've seen diesel at €1.30 in some places over here, dodgy much? :rolleyes: €1.41 for diesel and €1.50 is the average for petrol. Its cheaper here because its sh*te :mad: The crap we get nearly destroyed several engines here :bang:

I usually get my petrol in Texaco or BP, the local-ish stations (y) £50 to fill up the Bravo on ultimate :D

Last edited: