General UK LAUNCH OF 500: Facts or rumours....what,when,how much

Currently reading:
General UK LAUNCH OF 500: Facts or rumours....what,when,how much

I dunno... £10,700 for the Lounge 1.4 sounds reasonable, I thought it would be 12 or 13k?
A Panda 100HP is over 10k now. The £7900 for a POP isnt too bad either, especially when you think that in 1997 my Cinq Sporting cost me £7344!
Im with the Pole on this one though, wait to see how the KA looks and drives... my bet is it will be better.

Not bad, but bear in mind that a panda 100hp can easily be purchased for £8500 - theres not likely to be any discounts available on the equivalent powered, specced (and apparently less engaging to drive) Lounge 1.4, so £10700 doesnt look such good relative value in that context.

when you put it like that, it does seem pricey:) I was thinking, you could buy an absolute mint restored real 500 for about 5k now and a real Panda for £400 as a daily driver, then have thousands left over for whatever you want. You then have the cute looks of the 500 and the usability of the Panda... and no depreciation or nasty Fiat dealers.

im new to this forum as i have only just found it?

Ive paid for a 1.4 sport and my father has purchased a 1.2 lounge which i gained by registering on the fiat500.com website.

The only problems i am hearing is the colour. I decided to go for funk white a £700 potion. However i have heard rumours that this colour is unavailable till october 2008.

Which im not prepared to wait for. As ive been given a delivery date of January 21st 2008 for my dealer ordered 500 and late december by a gentleman at fiat for my fathers.

Has anyone heard any rumours about which colours will not be ready at launch? The dealer wont find out for another week!!!

Yeah, the problem with that white is that they can only produce a few per day so other than the press launch demo cars there won't be many about for any market.... Hence the delay in the UK getting it

Well, so Peter Lynch from Fiat UK told me

Jim

Yeah I was a bit gutted at that too, although I don't think the white steering wheel on a yellow dash would go?

I'm just gald they've brought the Yellow back!

If you want to see one and you happen to be in London at the time go and have a look at the "Brunswick" Shopping Centre the 23/24/25 November

I look forward to my red one in Jan..

bye
Naike

there are no RHD produced yet as far as I know so I'm afraid you have to wait....

I3.gif

UK dealers genuinely seem to think the first RHD ones will arrive in late December.
I assume they must be making them now at the factory in Poland.
K7.gif

Just as long as they don't make them the last couple of days before Xmas.
wacko1.gif

I rang up enquiring about one The guy in the dealership said they have one in the colour I was after, and the manufacturing date was due to commence on the 23rd november. He said the current build time is 10 weeks (that was 3 days ago)

said they have one in the colour I was after

They were just going to make one in exactly the colour you wanted.
Ha Ha Ha.That's a good one.

10 weeks from now equals launch date 21 jan or soon after?
Are you having one then porlus:)

Are you having one then porlus:)

Certainly am. My boss ordered it yesterday as my company car.

1.3 mjet sport in Red with tonnes of options.
16" Spider Alloys
Side Skirts and bumper skirts
climate control
fixed glass roof
stereo upgrade
leather interior
sport stripe
italian flag by wing mirror :)

One thing another dealer said. If you order with the sliding sunroof it wont be ready for launch day (hence the reason I have the fixed one)

Back