uh oh, I did it again

Currently reading:
uh oh, I did it again

no im not bothered about that, old volvos are bullet proof, but its not a good description, i mean it doesnt even say if its a runner or not!

well I talked to the guy, and saw the car, and its fine, the description help'd actually as it says next to nothing so would have put others off(y)

picking it up tommorrow night, and I WILL BE SELLING the other two, or at least probably scrapping the 244 because its basically not special and I don't have the time for it, and the 740turbo project will be going on ebay, as I have no way of getting it back together in like two weeks re taxing it (still got MOT, but pretty sure that an engine change makes that void), all down to asshole people who say they have a part for me, then spin and spin as to why I haven't received it, then at the last possibl moment pulled out and declared they never had it they were just boasting because its a rare part:bang: , if I see them, I won't be happy.

not this one, its rank(n)

interior is good, but outside has lost 90% of its lacquer, and rear wheel archs are rusting badly, its a C reg, that lived by the south sea in kent its whole life, shame, but TBH there are plenty of much better ones out there, its also got the frankly horrible 1.9shortblock B19E engine, which not only lacks guts, but also a cam belt (its a pushrod motor), basically I blew the gearbox out of it trying to learn to launch a RWD car to the best of its abilities, it couldn't take full throttle launchs time and time again, well one day actually:rolleyes:

sad to see it go, but really not that nice a car, reminds me of a ford ka actually:yuck:

well I picked it up today, and its great!!!! outside is pretty good, its silver, has alloys (orrible things corroded to hell), it has a weird chromey roofrack thing, it has an electric sunroof, it has a few bits of those running strips hanging off (n) , but can be fixed with some glue!!

inside it has minty leather seats, all black no rips or tears and not even any scratchs, heated seat on drivers side asusual doesn't work(n) , it has a weird temp gauge for outside I presume that has volvo written on it but not actually fitted from factory, at least I've never seen one before:confused:
it has electric windows, and mirrors, and heated mirrors, a coaxial type pionneer stereo (much better), a boot liner (going on ebay, as they are worth £££), a mint boot carpet, even for a new volvo it would be superunusual to see something this minty:yum: . I also found alsorts of toolkit goodies and random spares in the boot!

anyway, runs well, clutch is errr not great, either that or the gearlinkage is shot, theres loads of play in it and it doesn't like reverse, got to ram it home:p and 2nd ain't great, its kind of lost all by itself.
no where near as quick as my mildy mod'd 2.3 NA and poo compared to the turbo, but still, it gets there, makes a noise, and the fuel gauge doesn't visably go down as you are driving along.

I like it, its tidy enough, and it will do the job, I'm gonna miss the red volvo go:cry:

Back