General UConnect Live faff

Currently reading:
General UConnect Live faff

Garree001

Ohhh my, yes.
Hi all,

I chased FIAT for a third time about activating my UConnect Live services and they have finally responded. I am however slightly surprised as it seems to be a response nobody else has had thus far...

Thank you for contacting Fiat with regards to enabling Uconnect Live services for the vehicle above.

In order to enable us to satisfactorily assist you as soon as possible we would like to ask you to be so kind to reply to this e-mail with the following:

- a copy of your driving license (proof of identity);

- a copy of the registration document of your vehicle (proof of ownership);

- the name of your selling dealer.

In the meantime, our Customer Service team remains available at your own convenience from Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 18:00 and Saturday from 08:00 until 17:00, on 00800 3428 0000 choosing option number 2.

Your sincerely,

Customer Care Fiat

Anyone else had this?

Slightly uneasy about sending such personal data over email. And as I bought my 500x from a FIAT dealer, they have all of this anyway.

It's also difficult to understand why a vehicle's 'infotainment' system is so locked down! I got a mortgage faster than I did access to my own car's system!

Hi all,

I chased FIAT for a third time about activating my UConnect Live services and they have finally responded. I am however slightly surprised as it seems to be a response nobody else has had thus far...

Thank you for contacting Fiat with regards to enabling Uconnect Live services for the vehicle above.

In order to enable us to satisfactorily assist you as soon as possible we would like to ask you to be so kind to reply to this e-mail with the following:

- a copy of your driving license (proof of identity);

- a copy of the registration document of your vehicle (proof of ownership);

- the name of your selling dealer.

In the meantime, our Customer Service team remains available at your own convenience from Monday to Friday between 09:00 and 18:00 and Saturday from 08:00 until 17:00, on 00800 3428 0000 choosing option number 2.

Your sincerely,

Customer Care Fiat

Anyone else had this?

Slightly uneasy about sending such personal data over email. And as I bought my 500x from a FIAT dealer, they have all of this anyway.

It's also difficult to understand why a vehicle's 'infotainment' system is so locked down! I got a mortgage faster than I did access to my own car's system!

I did get asked for the name of my dealer but I certainly don't recall being asked for the other two.

My dealer did tell me that Fiat were paranoid about the security of uConnect hence we are unable to perform our own updates on the 6.5 unit, but it's not that good. I don't see BMW and Audi owners gazing at it with envy in their eyes.

Last edited:
I sent a reply yesterday:

Thank you for contacting me.

Please can you confirm why FIAT require my driving licence and V5 document to activate a feature on a car that I have purchased?

The dealer I purchased the car from was Xxxx FIAT in Xxxx. Presumably they can confirm that they transferred the vehicle to me and that I am who I say I am.

Kind regards,

Then got a phone call this morning to say that as the car previously belonged to a rental company, they need to prove that I own the car. So not an explanation at all really. But anyway, she also said that if I authorised them, they could contact the dealer to confirm that I am the new owner. I did this.

Why they couldn't just ask for my permission in the first place, I don't know!

Will now see whether I can get it activated.

I sent a reply yesterday:

Then got a phone call this morning to say that as the car previously belonged to a rental company, they need to prove that I own the car. So not an explanation at all really. But anyway, she also said that if I authorised them, they could contact the dealer to confirm that I am the new owner. I did this.

Why they couldn't just ask for my permission in the first place, I don't know!

Will now see whether I can get it activated.

Looking promising then

Excellent, could you please tell me who you contacted, E mail etc as I am in the same situation, ex Fiat UK car, shows UCONNECT on the display but my phone says it isn't activated?
Thanks in anticipation

Got an update on Monday to say that the dealer confirmed I now own the car. Nothing since.

All this peeing around just to get a system enabled.

Excellent, could you please tell me who you contacted, E mail etc as I am in the same situation, ex Fiat UK car, shows UCONNECT on the display but my phone says it isn't activated?
Thanks in anticipation

I e-mailed them twice using a form on the website. Got nothing back.

So I rang the ciao FIAT number, spent half an hour on the phone trying to explain the problem and the rest is described in this thread. The ciao FIAT number should be on a sticker on the sun visor.

Thanks in anticipation

Unlike Garee I emailed them from their webform

https://www.fiat.co.uk/contact-us

And was contacted within 24 hours. They wanted the index number, VIN and dealer I bought it from. Once I supplied the information it was activated within 48 hours.

Good luck, and don't take "can't be done" for an answer

Is it worth using ?

Mine is working but not been bothered to download the app.

All I need is satnav and media connection - which I already have.

Is it worth using ?

Mine is working but not been bothered to download the app.

All I need is satnav and media connection - which I already have.
Out of curiosity, which nav do you have? I wondered if you can get nav live updates without uConnect on a 5" non DAB nav unit.

Thanks for the rapid responses. I filled in the contact form at 08:30 and was contacted by Fiat at 09:30, I have now forwarded my Licence and V5 copies, fingers crossed it all comes together now, 10/10 on efficiency so far.
Update later.

Out of curiosity, which nav do you have? I wondered if you can get nav live updates without uConnect on a 5" non DAB nav unit.

I got the bigger one - 1.4 170 4x4

If you mean realtime info on accidents and suggested detours - yes.

Well having had my 500X since 2015 and never used/created a uConnect account I thought that as I'm grounded from driving at the moment I would have a play with uConnect.

Went to download the app onto my Android phone only to get the message "this application is not compatible with your device".

Brilliant!

Seems that uConnect is a bit precious!

On another note, I got a further update from FIAT today to say that there was no update :rolleyes: The uConnect team are apparently very busy and activation requests are taking longer. At least the FIAT lady with the nice Italian accent is keeping me up to date, I guess.

Seems that uConnect is a bit precious!

On another note, I got a further update from FIAT today to say that there was no update :rolleyes: The uConnect team are apparently very busy and activation requests are taking longer. At least the FIAT lady with the nice Italian accent is keeping me up to date, I guess.

Just as long as you're in the queue

I only use TomTom Live but wanted uConnect Live as a matter of principle..

Hope it's not too long a wait

Just as long as you're in the queue

I only use TomTom Live but wanted uConnect Live as a matter of principle..

Hope it's not too long a wait

Pretty much my attitude. I've paid for it so I want it!

All sorted now, Fiat and Uconnect were very good, again many thanks for the assistance.

All sorted now, Fiat and Uconnect were very good, again many thanks for the assistance.

Good stuff :)

I am at a loss as to how I requested the service before you and am still waiting whilst yours has been sorted!

Good stuff :)

I am at a loss as to how I requested the service before you and am still waiting whilst yours has been sorted!

Sorry about that, they told me that it would be at least another week and then suddenly it's been unlocked, very odd.

Back