Technical Uconnect 5" is tere any way to fix it DIY?

Currently reading:
Technical Uconnect 5" is tere any way to fix it DIY?

vince59

Hi all, I am willing to help a friend with an issue he is having with uconnect 5" (500L). The device is stucked on FIAT logo. It sometimes runs but very slow as it is in a kind of recovery mode. I tried to update but the USB files have no effect, I mean it looks like the system can't read them. Searching the web it appears to be an HW problem and I realized that some electronic shops are able to fix it. I have good electronic skills but no clue what the fix procedure is. I am posting from Italy but I believe an international forum could provide a wider approach. Thanks for any hint you can provide.

Hi all, I am willing to help a friend with an issue he is having with uconnect 5" (500L). The device is stucked on FIAT logo. It sometimes runs but very slow as it is in a kind of recovery mode. I tried to update but the USB files have no effect, I mean it looks like the system can't read them. Searching the web it appears to be an HW problem and I realized that some electronic shops are able to fix it. I have good electronic skills but no clue what the fix procedure is. I am posting from Italy but I believe an international forum could provide a wider approach. Thanks for any hint you can provide.
The only person on here who has had any luck fixing these is @Hiddenvision although don't think it was from a 500L

This could be a good start...do you have any link to his thread?

Back