General Tyres

Currently reading:
General Tyres

hkofoed

144ABFD5-E94B-4487-913B-77386BC50BCC.jpeg

Hi all - time to replace my 1999 (yes) set of P6 185/60/14's !

Although they have less that 10,000 kilometers on them, and they still look great, they are unsurprisingly starting to harden up!

Does anyone have some recent experience with replacing their tyres with a modern equivalent of the P6 / P6000 ? ie that have similar sidewall characteristics to the P6000. The only P6s available in NZ are the Cinturatos. Leaning toward Michelin / Continental but any recommendations much appreciated. Cheers !
76BEBBF0-9BA7-47DB-9A2A-3DB1A79DD438.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tricky one this. We are still on P600s for any serious work. Also had Yokohama AVS1 which were OK as I recall.

P600s on the 130TC have beautiful 3 stages of feedback when cornering hard and at fast speeds. You feel progression thought all 3 stages with no surprises. On at stage 3 there is a little extra scope / margin before they could really challenge you. Sadly as you say P600s are now no longer available and will be difficult replace/find another tyre that is so well matched and balanced for the Strada.

Currently have cheap Nexen NBLUE ECO tyres on the front and they understeer quit a bit. They were put on as a cheap fix for an MOT :)

Going back in time Goodyear NCT 2 were rubbish. Torville & Dean Tyres on the 130TC. Sold them to a friend for his XR3 and they were OK on his car.

Tricky one this. We are still on P600s for any serious work. Also had Yokohama AVS1 which were OK as I recall.

P600s on the 130TC have beautiful 3 stages of feedback when cornering hard and at fast speeds. You feel progression thought all 3 stages with no surprises. On at stage 3 there is a little extra scope / margin before they could really challenge you. Sadly as you say P600s are now no longer available and will be difficult replace/find another tyre that is so well matched and balanced for the Strada.

Currently have cheap Nexen NBLUE ECO tyres on the front and they understeer quit a bit. They were put on as a cheap fix for an MOT :)

Going back in time Goodyear NCT 2 were rubbish. Torville & Dean Tyres on the 130TC. Sold them to a friend for his XR3 and they were OK on his car.
Thanks for that S130 - yes its tough and the reason i have procrastinated for so long! It may have to be the Yokos. I had the 15" integrale alloys on for a time with some Momo rubber, turned the car into a twitchy animal, not my thing at all! (My Clio RS is twitchy enough!)

Back