Technical Tyres

Currently reading:
Technical Tyres

jackwenman777

Xbox live tag Jackyboy1
Hey Fiat people dose any one know what the differences are between cheap tyres and exspencive ones, i could spend £40-£300 on one tyre whats the best to pay and what make should i try asnd get btidge stone, dunlop, michelin??? :confused:

hmm another one.. everyone has an opinion on tires (or oil) however, as a brief introduction, some tires are no worth buying (e.g. recycled.. they tend to explode..) others are fairly cheap all rounder (about £60 mark e.g. Michelin energy) fairly good grip (dry or wet), good economy, modestly quiet and offer good ride comfort (e.g. equivalent Bridgestone are hard as a rock).. then there are those that offer optimal grip (but tend to wear quickly e.g. Pirelli) etc... use the search link or Google to get more info (as you've probably hit on one of the most common queries related to automobiles) but whatever you get - remember that tires are the only thing keeping you alive and attached to the road.. consequently, in my opinion, they are not a place to save money on

Hey Fiat people dose any one know ... :

The difference can be as little as the price of a packet of fags &/or a couple of shandies – but that’s no surprise. What is surprising is the number of lemmings who consider gold plating their callipers, fitting drilled & vented and green stuff this-&-that is more important than the material that contacts the road.

Basically you have – top, middle & bottom. Premier league - Pirelli, Bridgestone, Continental, Michelin etc. Mid table – Fulda, Kumho, Hankook, Yoko etc. Bottom – (I can’t be bothered!). Some argue the premier league teams are at the cutting-edge of technology & the mid-table are using old designs/compounds – but got to be more to it than that.

What is your model? What is the spec. of tyres given in your handbook? (195/65R15?) What are you running on now? (xxx/xxR17?)

Hey Fiat people dose any one know what the differences are between cheap tyres and exspencive ones, i could spend £40-£300 on one tyre whats the best to pay and what make should i try asnd get btidge stone, dunlop, michelin??? :confused:

Hi!

Currently there are four P6000 205/55/16" (V speed index:D) on my 5dr Stilo.
I can say i'm quite satisfied with them.
The rear pair is a bit worn on the inside (came vith the car:cry:), and is to be replaced next season.
I am looking for Pirelli P6 cinturato 205/55/16" (H or V speed index).
I believe that P6 would do a good job on my Stilo, for a "reasonable" price of 100EUR/tyre *and at the same time taking care of the environment, because they are "GREEN" (for my wallet they are red:mad:)

Currently there are four P6000 205/55/16" (V speed index:D) on my 5dr Stilo ... I am looking for Pirelli P6 cinturato 205/55/16" (H or V speed index)

Hi Ivan – you maybe interested in the following …

ADAC. 205/55R16V tyre test 2007
http://www.adac.de/Tests/Reifentest...ab.asp?ComponentID=174024&SourcePageID=174023

ADAC. 205/55R16W tyre test 2009
http://www.adac.de/Tests/Reifentest...ab.asp?ComponentID=242488&SourcePageID=243132

I’m still running on a pair of OE 175/65R15T P4 Cinturato on my Dec2006 GP. They’ve done 25K miles on the rear + 7K miles now on the front – I’m beginning to wonder when they will wear down to 3mm!

-----------------------------------------------
2006(56) GP 1.2/8v Active 5door Bolero 32K miles. Front 175/65R15T P4 Cinturato, Rear 185/65R15T Fulda EcoControl.

Back