Technical Two questions...

Currently reading:
Technical Two questions...

justgotacatflap

1, I have a switch down by the right hand side of the drivers seat. When I press it, the boot makes an 'electrical' noise similar to the central locking device; but nothing else happens. Should the boot open (physically I mean), or is it just an electrical release?

2. Should I be able to listen to the radio with the ignition off? I have to turn mine on and have all the warning lights etc on - this can't be right surely?

It's an 04 JTD ELX on a 53 plate

TIA

Patrick

OK Thanks for that. Just came from a Merc E300 and the boot flew open when you pushed the button on that one.

As for the radio, guess it'll have to be a re-wire

Thanks

Patrick

press the menu button and you may find ign time,press right hand button at 3 o'clock and this may move time to 20 mins depending on your radio.........

Thanks Multipete, I didn't have to work through all your suggestion but your reply got me thinking - consequently, I read the book!

I hadn't realised that you could turn the radio on again after it had switched off with the ignition; that's a system I haven't come across before.

If anyone else has the problem, just press the 'on' switch for a few seconds and the radio works for 20 mins (???) without the need for the ignition.

Thanks

Patrick

Back