DSC4104.jpg

500 Twins arrived this morning!

Introduction

Here they are at last. Phew!
The white one I bought as a present for my wife and the green one's my own.
The white one is a 1.2 Pop with tan leather, 15" alloys, aircon, interscope, B&M and a few other bits I've probably forgotten. The green one is a 1.4 By Diesel with optional climate control.
Very happy and got some photos before it started raining!

DSC4113.jpg

DSC4109.jpg

DSC4114.jpg

DSC4104.jpg

DSC4105.jpg
They both look wicked (y)

Im just curious, but how come you went for a Pop spec for the wife & then added alloys, air con & Blue & Me, which wouldve been standard on the Lounge or Sport? Wouldnt a Lounge with just the Interscope have been cheaper than the Pop with all the extras?

They both look wicked (y)

Im just curious, but how come you went for a Pop spec for the wife & then added alloys, air con & Blue & Me, which wouldve been standard on the Lounge or Sport? Wouldnt a Lounge with just the Interscope have been cheaper than the Pop with all the extras?

Oddly enough no. We spent ages on the configurator and found Fiat had been very clever because as soon as you specced up a Pop to the stuff you get on a Lounge, it cost the same.
We didn't want a Lounge because of the glass roof - my wife preferred the styling of a solid roof on a pale car and there's not enough headroom for me in the passenger side of a 500 with that roof. I'm not quite 6 foot tall and amazed it's an issue. The passenger seat hasn't got the height adjustment but a solid roof has enough headroom when I'm the passenger.
We can also fit my Thule roof bars to a solid roof to carry bikes which you can't do with a glass roof.
In my By Diesel with the glass roof I'm never in the passenger side and we've got another 500 for carrying bikes.
The reason we didn't get a Sport was easier - no tan leather option was available so a specced up Pop it was!

I pick up my by Diesel soon! :slayer::slayer: They look stunning (biased of course towards the green)! My girlfriend wants to have twins..in another white 500 for her!

Do we have the passenger seat compartment under these seats?

Last edited:
Back