Tuning Twin Weber IDF carbs

Currently reading:
Tuning Twin Weber IDF carbs

Just thought I'd post that I have finished setting up a pair of Weber IDF36s on my 1500. This has taken a bit of fiddling to get the jetting right but I think we are there. Track day in 3 weeks will be the final test. For those looking at this here is what I have done, you may need something slightly different depending on engine configuration. My 1500 is pretty standard in the engine department apart from a balanced and lighten flywheel. I have a longer duration CAM but standard valves, etc. I am running a CSA header and free flow exhaust. I picked up an inlet manifold for the IDF from Greece (via Ebay) and made up my own linkages. I have built an aluminium air box and run to a pod filter located where the original carb fan was - this to give me some cold induction. The set up fits tight under the existing hood but I did remove the inner liner and replace this with mesh to improve cooling.

Now to the carbs- two Weber IDF36s with 30mm venturis. I brought these secondhand and then put a service kit in them - make sure you get one for the 36s not 40s. The final jets I have settled on are 57 idles, 140 mains (these give a little more snap than 135 mains, which also work fine). The air corrections are 185.

If anyone wants details or photos feel free to email me - [email protected]

Pete

Back