Tweeters Sound The Same When Polarities Switched?!

Currently reading:
Tweeters Sound The Same When Polarities Switched?!

Hi. After recently purchasing some infinity components, when installing them I hooked them up to my crossover but as my crossover is far away from my tweeters I just plugged them in, but to test to see if they were connected right, I swapped them over, hoping to see that when the polarities are swapped that no sound would come out, however this was not the case at all. Both ways, to my suprise, both give out sound of equal quality. What is happening here?!

cheers

Not so sure my old infinitys were the same made no difference which way round they were!

I can tell on my sub i get an extra 1.8db on a sound meter about 35 degrees out of phase, but my new comps i havent changed phase on them so meh.

:D
Always mark your + and - on your wires before runing them. Do they not have any kind markings on the wires. :confused:
Obviously the battery test wont work on a tweeter. I think that there is a way you can do it with a battery and multimeter, i will have a look when i get home.

I dont know a great deal about phasing but shouldnt that be 45° out of phase as the sub is siting 45° from Flat.

Absolutely no idea, some chap at source sounds explained it to me and it went straight in on ear and out the other, all i took away from it is, adjust till it sounds best for you lol.

^^ I think i would have to get the Pioneer P99RS If i wanted to do that. :cry:
I was looking at somebodies the other day, that is one sexy piece of kit that makes my P88 RS look like cheap tat. :mad:

I always thought that the P88 was one of the best looking i have ever seen but one glance at the P99 and i was in love.
:idea: Ill wait until he sells it :D

Glad I read this thread. Just been looking at the DEX P99RS on the net. Looks really good, one to ad to the wish list I think......

Well its a great HU, but i cant see the point in outlaying for a new one unless you have plenty of money or are interested in competing at a very high level.
The P88 Is plenty good enough if you dont want a processor and is more than capable of 3 way active and i am just about managing to go 4 way active on mine.

Back