TVR are dying :(

Currently reading:
TVR are dying :(

Not good for the UK car industry.

The last note in the article states "production at the company's Blackpool plant is said to have fallen from 12 cars a week to two". No wonder they are laying off staff if production has dropped so low, that would mean all of about they are making all of 104 cars a year. Dunno how much a TVR costs but say £40k x 104 and then that is turnover of £4.2m. If they are employing 300 staff at an average wage of £25k then the wage bill is £7.5m.

custard boy said:
strong brand to be bought out though i thought the new guy had some cash behind him
Yes, but no-one wants to keep pouring money in to keep it going...
H

TVR had a ropey reliabilty record for a while there and all the road tests of their cars I have seen convey that you have to be very good to get the best from it and keep it on the tarmac, I think that and the sometimes weird design is stopping potential buyers.

Liam

bloomfieldliam said:
TVR had a ropey reliabilty record for a while...
They still do pretty much. Have a look at how many Tuscan Speed Sixes have had full engine rebuilds after about 30k miles. Pretty much all of them :eek:
H

hmallett said:
They still do pretty much. Have a look at how many Tuscan Speed Sixes have had full engine rebuilds after about 30k miles. Pretty much all of them :eek:
H

I spoke to somebody today who had a TVR (until he wrote it off) and he still gets these e-mails from some TVR info service and apparently over 50% of the Tuscans built are off the road waiting for engine repairs. The parts are just not available and all of them will need a rebuild without doubt due to a design fault. TVR have also not honoured the warranties and so many customers are upset and taking action against them.

I know TVR are a great british sports car, but they are not kit cars anymore and at over £40K you would expect reliability. The new guy also upset all the workers and relations have not been very good ever since. I think production dropped off as a result.

Back