Technical Turkish Doblo Clutch type?

Currently reading:
Technical Turkish Doblo Clutch type?

Bill G

Hi, we own a 2010 fiat doblo 1.6multijet, 105. It is a Turkish registered and built Fiat. My clutch needs constant pumping to enable gear selection, and as we are driving to Turkey in a few weeks time, I decided a clutch change was in order, though I think it is probably just the slave cylinder, so changing the clutch to be sure it is all good. Problem is, Fiat UK have been a waste of time in assisting my garage with parts details. The vin number is obviously Turkish, so they say they can't help, contact Turkey! Very disappointed. I need advice as to the clutch I will need, can anyone advise, please?

Hi, we own a 2010 fiat doblo 1.6multijet, 105. It is a Turkish registered and built Fiat. My clutch needs constant pumping to enable gear selection, and as we are driving to Turkey in a few weeks time, I decided a clutch change was in order, though I think it is probably just the slave cylinder, so changing the clutch to be sure it is all good. Problem is, Fiat UK have been a waste of time in assisting my garage with parts details. The vin number is obviously Turkish, so they say they can't help, contact Turkey! Very disappointed. I need advice as to the clutch I will need, can anyone advise, please?
I have the same vehicle though a Maxi van version. As I understand it they were all made in Turkey if you look the model up on wikipedia on the internet.
Do you have a good motor factors locally who can check to see if there is any alternatives listed, if there is a choice they may well keep or obtain the options in stock so when you or your garage strip it down to repair there should be no delay. Most are happy to help providing you don't mess up the ones you are not keeping/returning. Make sure they are a good quality brand that you and your workshop are happy to fit.
If they are local and have all choices held in stock for you, when the old unit is out you could nip around and drop it on the counter so they could just give you the correct one.
By the way do you lose fluid in which case it is most likely the slave cylinder or does pumping alone work in which case it is most likely the master cylinder as they can suck air in and give a spongy pedal without lose of fluid. Without looking at mine I assume the master cylinder is kept full of fluid from the brake master cylinder reservoir, in which case a faulty slave should have lowered the brake fluid level.

I have the same vehicle though a Maxi van version. As I understand it they were all made in Turkey if you look the model up on wikipedia on the internet.
Do you have a good motor factors locally who can check to see if there is any alternatives listed, if there is a choice they may well keep or obtain the options in stock so when you or your garage strip it down to repair there should be no delay. Most are happy to help providing you don't mess up the ones you are not keeping/returning. Make sure they are a good quality brand that you and your workshop are happy to fit.
If they are local and have all choices held in stock for you, when the old unit is out you could nip around and drop it on the counter so they could just give you the correct one.
By the way do you lose fluid in which case it is most likely the slave cylinder or does pumping alone work in which case it is most likely the master cylinder as they can suck air in and give a spongy pedal without lose of fluid. Without looking at mine I assume the master cylinder is kept full of fluid from the brake master cylinder reservoir, in which case a faulty slave should have lowered the brake fluid level.
Many thanks. Finally managed to determine the correct clutch, and it seems all 2010 model doblos with multijet engines have the same clutch if fitted with a slave. Yes, losing some oil, so slave is shot. Ordered and booked in now, so should all be sorted.

Back