Technical Turbo manifold gasket

Currently reading:
Technical Turbo manifold gasket

Djw Dave

I really need manifold gasket for my mk1 turbo.

But the fiat dealership cant get me one and no motor factors cant get me one either.

its a 1986 uno turbo.

Ideas please people???(n)

I really need manifold gasket for my mk1 turbo.

But the fiat dealership cant get me one and no motor factors cant get me one either.

its a 1986 uno turbo.

Ideas please people???(n)

I wonder if the Fiat dealership can't/ won't get you one because of the age of your car? The electronic parts catalogue that they use only goes back as far as 1988. If you give them an earlier chassis number it won't come up on their system, as I found out with my '86 Uno 45S. Some dealers will then fob you off and tell you they can't get the part.

Try and get them to look for a 1988/ 89 mk1 turbo gasket as that will generate a part number that they can then use to look up.

Other than that you'll need to speak to one of the turbo boys on here or you could also try the Turbo Collective MSN group for advice.

Good luck!

I wonder if the Fiat dealership can't/ won't get you one because of the age of your car? The electronic parts catalogue that they use only goes back as far as 1988. If you give them an earlier chassis number it won't come up on their system, as I found out with my '86 Uno 45S. Some dealers will then fob you off and tell you they can't get the part.

Try and get them to look for a 1988/ 89 mk1 turbo gasket as that will generate a part number that they can then use to look up.

Other than that you'll need to speak to one of the turbo boys on here or you could also try the Turbo Collective MSN group for advice.

Good luck!

Hmmm sounds about right mate, they say there catalouge will only go back to 1990. They say that they will email Fiat and see if they can get it for me. But if im honest i doubt they will. :(

mate, these are totally unavailable from anywhere.

only way is getting a custom one made and for that you have to give them the turbo and manifold.

me and smed have been looking for this gasket for the past 3 months.

you will NOT find one matey. sorry to pee on ur fire!

Dunc

Have you tried all the turbo reconditioners and repairers,(theres loads to search here and overseas) there out there somewhere, theres no prob in the mk2 as i bought one, maybe because its the ihi turbo, what else are the same ihi turbo used on? Ant!

Its the manifold to head gasket, might have worded it wrongly. Are they stll unavilable?

Gasket is still avaiable last time I bought one. They are avaiable aftermarket too. no need to got to fiat. fuel injected X19 should be the same.

not AFAIK they usually answer the phone after a while, they get very busy as a lot of people use them instead of local fiat dealer part shops, because thier better :)

as for gasket, you mean hot side turbohousing TO downpipe gasket? like a big metallicy rubber doughnut?
try ordering a ford one for a rs turbo fiesta (which ever mk it is) as they use the same model of turbo, but I couldn't say for the actual size.

failing that, erm, turbo rebuilders, they may have one in a box, or a part worn one taken off a car, or know someone that can make one.

and if NONE of th above works out, theres always JB weld :cool:
or just weld the bugger solid

Back