General Turbo bits and bobs-question

Currently reading:
General Turbo bits and bobs-question

Emm

Fiat Addict
Just a quickie, dont post in this section much no more and when i do its crap..do apologise:eek:
Im just after some knowlage....Is there much money in used turbo kits? as in selling the bits and bobs?
pondering weather its gonna be worth stripping my Sei Turbo conversion, returning it to standard and selling it on that way to get my 3K asking price:confused:Would it be worth it for me to strip the SeiT of all its goodies? Boyf says not, but im after second opinions:confused:
Bit nervous about posting this as dont want it coming across as a for sale thread:eek: just to be clear This IS NOT a for sale ad, please dont turn it into one , im just after advice on the above matter.
Fanks Emma

Emm, do you have your heart set on making £3k?

if you do, the only way may be to break the car completely! :(

its a sad state of affairs at the moment and i wish i had taken the easy route and bought a Bravo Turbo, i could of saved myself almost £2.5k!

as for the Sei, i guess a turbo kit will fetch maybe £500? and then the car £1000?

hard times for us all Emm, best of luck.

It's gonns cost you a lot to return the sei to non modded condition though :S interior, trim, seats etc. Not to mention the time! Just depends what you have in storage i suppose.

If it was me and I needed the money or just wanted rid, i'd just cut my losses and reduce the sale price for a single transaction. The climate, and time of year are both out of favour for selling, but im sure if the sale price was in the the 2000-2999 range i'd probably attract a bit more interest.

Krisitan

Last edited:
How far down the road of modified is this car? You will probablly get more for the whole thing in parts than a whole however if the interior is modified etc it's an awful lot of work.

It's a shame but all cento's are worth more in bits, and much as love your Sei even splitting the turbo stuff off in the current market you would be struggling to meet your target.

I would guess though unless you have the bits to convert it back to std and if you had to source them and do the work you may be better just dropping the price

Last edited:
With the greatest of respect Emm, you've been told plenty of times by plenty of people that you really will struggle to get 3K for it as is. This is part of the reason why you haven't sold it in what must be at least 6 months of trying.

The question you need to ask yourself is - will you get at least 2K 'profit' in selling every aftermarket part and replacing with OE (including buying any OE parts that you don't have ATM). Realistically you'd be unlikely to get much over 1K for a standard 10 year old Sei, no matter how clean it is.

It is a tidy car, but for 3k there is alot of choices to be had :). But i know which bits i would want from the car :D

Regardless, don't break it to bits you will defo lose out. But i was thinking, if you couldn't sell these before the whole economical crisis, the chances of selling now will be even harder!

I think it is reasonable to lower the price to 2000 to 2500. IF the car is no longer needed in the family. Else i would hold on to it :)

Ming

Last edited:
The thing with selling any car it's a balancing act.

Set too high you get no interest in it and it sits for months on end which means you pay on insurance and road tax and possible another MOT, means it is costing you just sitting there, and its getting older in the process.

Setting too low can sometimes make people think there is something wrong with it and scares them off.

The niche market a Turbo Cento falls into makes it a hard car to sell at a price which puts it in direct competition with some very nice machinery to those outside the Cento/Fiat/Italian car communities that may appreciate it more than Joe Public.

As at present no one within the community wants it, you have to then open up to outsiders who will not view it as unique but as an alternative to something else, I have seen integra Type R's and Clio 172 had for that if not less, so you have to be more competitive and understand that selling cars has to be viewed as business and not personal, which your car is too you.

It would be a shame to break it and think that pricing it more towards the £2K mark would make it more appealing.

Remember weigh up the fact its sat for nearly a year unsold, so that's a years insurance, road TAX and MOT added to it, if you remove those costs from the asking price what could you have sold it for a year ago, maybe that's what you need to pitch it at now.

I hope that helps and doesn't sound too negative, but there has never been a harder time to sell niche cars than now, the market is flat and even normally without the doom and gloom of financial woes will not pick up until about Feb/Mar.

The other problem is, The 1368 engine is becoming more available and gives comparable performance with better reliability and possibly cheaper/easier installation.

Back