General Tunning-diesel.com

Currently reading:
General Tunning-diesel.com

Kelvin W

Kelvin W
Hi has any members used this (Turbo-Tunning.com) synergy 1 digital plug & play common rail diesel tuning modules this module is supposed to simply plug in and if so what results can I expect.

53 Plate 1.9 JTD Stilo
Re: the advertisement
FIAT/ALFA SCUDO, & CARS WITH 1.9JTD, 1.9JTD 16V

Regards Kelvin W

Leave it well alone is my advice.
A member on here recently posted after part of the engine on his JTD (the fuel rail or part of it) cracked and split due to the increased pressure developed by these boxes. He had leaking diesel that neally overpowered him and his passengers due to the vapour.

The way they increase power is different to a remap and tricks the ecu and can cause problems due to the pressures.

I recently posted my experience with a tuning box. This wasn't a cheapie, came from reputable well known maufacturer £250. I had used it on my previous JTD for a couple of months before I sold that car. Whilst on that it went quite well I was aware that it was screwing up the fuel computer by giving wildly optomistic economy figures when tested against tank to tank calculations, it would also smoke badly on hard acceleration, bit like defective EGR only mucho worso!

Ultimately this tuning box caused a rupture in my fuel rail and the fuel return manifold on my next Stilo JTD, after only 3000 miles. The fuel return manifold is a hard to replace plastic box which collects low pressure fuel from filter, pump and injector before taking back to tank. I am still waiting for a new one of these to come from Italy.

Many have seeminly used a tuning box without problem, a mate has had one on his Golf TDi for years. After much enquiring with Fiat I found out many Alfa and Fiat 1.9 and 2.4 JTD's have suffered the same expensive consqeunces of using a tuning box

For now I will lick my wounds and make do with what is still a reasonably sprightly car anyway.

Back