Induction system,
Exhaust,
Larger TB,
Raise the compression ratio,
Get the head ported and polished,
A new cam maybe?
Get it stroked.

Theres loads you could do...

For the TB, PM 'Tricker' on here. He sells 40mm diameter ones that'll fit that engine. The standard one is 30mm dia so it helps the engine breathe better.

As for the cam, I dont think any manufacturets do an off the shelf on. Colombo and Bariani might. Youde need to go to a cam manufacturer and get yours or another 899cc cam reprofiled. Installing it is an engine out job mind.

arseofbox said:
Induction system,
Exhaust,
Larger TB,
Raise the compression ratio,
Get the head ported and polished,
A new cam maybe?
Get it stroked.

Theres loads you could do...

Can also vary the rocker ratio to give it a bit more lift.

How much more power are you after?

P.S. If you write in lower cases everyone will like you much more here.;)

arseofbox said:
For the TB, PM 'Tricker' on here. He sells 40mm diameter ones that'll fit that engine.

Not quite, as tricker doesn't do the spacer to fit it to an 899, as the inlet is a totally different shape. The tb bolts to a small ally spacer, then to the rocker cover, which bolts to the head. The inlet part of the rocker cover is diamond shaped, as is the inlet on the head, You would really need to open both of these up a little, which will significantly weaken the bit on the rocker cover as it isn't very thick to start with.

To do it properly, you need to have a spacer machined up, the head opened up into a round hole, and then the inlet part of the rocker cover removed. This also means that your spacer needs to be tapped to take the MAP sensor vaccum pipe, and needs to be taller than the rocker cover else the wiring loom and water pipes that go into/around the tb will foul on it. We thought about it, but it would put the cost of a tricker conversion up by a huge amount, compared to fitting it to a sporting.

Cheers,
Jon+Em

Jon+Em

Oh crap...I forgot about that, although I had the head off my 899cc yesterday...

hi..brummy cinq man...im only been into these fiats for just over a month,but ive dived right in...:eek: i fitted a GSR induction kit with a cold air feed from under the bumper and added my favorite slick50 in after its service...we stuck it on the rolling road at DASTEK to look for any improvement over standard[39bhp]/[47.1bhp]..(y) ...the result show a good increase[about 20%]over standard,and the car is a lot more drivable with peak torque at 3500rpm....great for overtaking..:devil: ..there is a bit more induction noise[lovely] but only when you give it some welly.... i doubt if there are cheaper ways of getting bhp/£ from an 899...
i think its too much time and effort to extract any more from the 899 ,than i have at present...it would be easier going for bigger[more bhp/standard] engine...oh and the other good point...only 10min to fit...:D
gsrkit.jpg

next after the gsr should be a decent cat back exhaust, and I think one of the german companies does a manifold for the cinq 899, dunno if it fits the sei.

also a dose of fuel system cleaner and an oil/filter change will help, but only a little!!!!!! other than that, buy a spare head from a scrap yard and get it ported a little, you can only remove around 2mm at the most though, as anymore and the rockercover and spacer walls will be too thin like I said earlier.

Also, get the suspension/arb from a sei sporting, and definately some fast road brake pads.

Jon+Em

Re: Tuning The 899 Date joined 16/07/12

Hello .Re: Cinque Cento 899cc year 1994 ,More power/economy required.
I am new to site .I have registered but can't seem to post questions.
How much material can be skimmed off the cylinder head in order to raise the compression ratio to around 10.5:1?
Can 1.1 sporting anti rolls bars be bolted straight on front and rear?
Rear parcel tray wanted as well.

Can 1.1 sporting anti rolls bars be bolted straight on front and rear?
There isn't a rear one.
The front one can bolt straight on, but you will want at least Sporting springs & dampers to go with them.

I'm running second-hand (free :) ) Sei Sporting springs & dampers on my 899 Cinq but without the anti-roll bar and it is a nice setup.

There isn't a rear one.
The front one can bolt straight on, but you will want at least Sporting springs & dampers to go with them.

I'm running second-hand (free :) ) Sei Sporting springs & dampers on my 899 Cinq but without the anti-roll bar and it is a nice setup.
David C.: re:1994 Cinquecento 899cc compression ratio and anti roll bar.
Thank you for the information re: the anti roll bar,David.
Can anyone advise me how much material can be skimmed off the cylinder head in order to raise the compression ratio for even more economy? I am not a boy racer.I just want to experiment re ; the maximum compression ratio on this engine and to reduce body roll.I appologise if this is not the right place to ask these questions as I am new to this site and finding it difficult to use. Cinquephil175.I am a former automotive technician of the old pre: injection era but you can use technical language.

Could always put a carb on? Dont know how emissions and mot would work though!

Could always put a carb on? Dont know how emissions and mot would work though!

Doesn't need that, the Tb is the same size for 899 or 1108, so if it can flow enough for 54bhp on an 1108 it will be capable of flowing that on an 899 (if it can develop enough 'sook') which would be a 20% increase in power.

The chances of getting another 20% out of an 899 without serious mods are rare to say the least

Cheers

D

Back