trying to kill me.....

Currently reading:
trying to kill me.....

I've been lucky so far not to hit anything but on my lessons when I nearly caused a serious accident by trying (and managing) to avoid a bunny, instructor pointed out that was why you didn't stop for anything smaller than a dog. It's not always possible to put the brakes on when something suicidal literally jumps under the wheels of your car, you could end up doing more harm than good.

I got taught that to. Living out in near the 'wilds' little fluffy bunnies love to top em selves! done 1 in the Ibiza and 2 in the Stilo.

My mates scores include rabbits mostly, and a pheasant.

My mate flattened a Mallard up in the lakes last week with his brand new Golf!

My cousin once swerved to miss a dog that ran in the road and drove his 1976 MGB GT (fully restored showroom new) into a skip full of bricks. Even with a seatbelt on his face went into the screen and he also broke ribs on the steering wheel. Lucky no one was in car with him as the passenger front light was where the pillar started and the passenger wheel was in the door. Proper mess. That was a dog on a 60 road.

The dog survived to **** off and run free

i live in the sticks, i drive past loads of rabbits, i drive slow if they are in the road i bib my horn and they leg it. have only ever killed 1 in over 20 years of driving :confused:
if you do run something over please go back and make sure its dead, if not kill it dont leave it to suffer :(

dave said:
if you do run something over please go back and make sure its dead, if not kill it dont leave it to suffer :(

does that include OAPs and small children? ;)

Ive been cut up loads of times since ive been driving most of the time its reps who just think 'oh he will brake before he hits me' which really p*sses me off and gives me good excuse to use my air horns which surprisingly are very noticeable.

A tip for anyone who gets p'd off with sitting behind someone in a 60 zone doing about 40 is if you havent got enough power to overtake pull out to the side off them and usually they just think 'oh im not having him overtake me' and accelerate or overtake them on a bend if you know the road which will save a few lives as they will pull over to recover which means they arent on the roads as long.

And about animals i know someone who DID have a decent mini which he was driving down a country road saw an animal in the road which ended up being a fox so he swerved around it thinking he could swerve back but the car went out of control and the stupid animal ran off the car was completely wrote and the lad driving was unhurt luckily the firemen who cam to the scene were looking for a dead body not believing somebody got out of that crash

I love my dogs and one of them was involved in a car accident where the driver ran off but which is worse swerve or brake which could kill YOU and passengers very easily if you hit a kerb etc (its surprising how far and what direction a car travels with locked wheels) or hope the animal moves and at worst run it over.

And MASE i thought the speed limit was 70mph;)

Big Black Stilo said:
Going back to the cats thing I can see why people let animals out, like dogs, as they are stupid enough to stay in a garden but cats wander.

No Laughing matter I hit a cat on 40 road than just ran at the car, couldnt brake as there was a car behind me, so I hit it. At 40.

Now I can understand the owner being upset but I didnt really have a choice, and was left was quite horrible. It was kinda in half... anyways I had a Seat Ibiza at the time and it put a nice dent in the metal part under the bumper and ripped off the plastic splitter making a right mess. Cat lovers would say "Justice!". But I blame the owners as they let it out.

None the less car ruined, covered in fluff and red cat bits, I drove off.

I assume you've never kept cats since you say to keep them in, I would love nothing more than to keep them inside the house and keep them safe, but that would be like saying put a child in a cupboard all its life incase it has an accident, get real Its just not possible, even though I Have large house my cats would go insane with boredom after a day or two, and they would find a way out egardless what measures I'd use to keep them in, Some cats have it in their nature to stay indoors, unfortunalty mine do not, and I will not force them to.
As for leaving the cat, what a ******* coward the very least you could have done is take to a nearby vets to that the owners can be found, my cats are all ID chipped and also wear Identity tags on their collars, three people phoned me to say that they had found my cat, its called doing the decent thing, my cat who died who few months ago, i found him going to work the next morning, his head was about 10 ft away from his body and it was the most horriffic thing to see have happened to a cat I'd had from being 3 days old, Although it dosent make it any easier at least I was prepared that Finn had been killed, and I didnt have to find his body, wreaked as it was by accident, another one of my cats went missing In November, I dont whats happened to him, and I still worry about him out there.
Think of the consequences of your actions, and how they are going to affect others, one day you might realise that there are more things important than a dent in a car.

Agree trev... you can't keep cats indoors all their lifes, and if you live in an urban area, you should think very carefuly about 'owning' one.

There is no way we would keep our cats indoors - even after we lost one a few years back [it was over that Jubilee bank holiday weekend, reckon Jester got trapped in a house/shed somewhere :cry:]. We live in a rural area, albeit on the main A43 which has a 40 limit [yeah, coz that is adhered to].

As for someone saying 'dogs are stupid enough to remain in their own garden'? Don't even get me started :( :( :(

i was picking the mrs up from a resteraunt one evening, tables right in the big glass windows, as i draw up, i see in the road right in front a load of pidgeons pecking away at whatevers bits someones dropped, i beep the horn to scare them, and most fly away except 2......which i went straight over and mangled on the under side of my engine, i'm sure that female diner to the left of the door blew chunks into her plate.....

regardless, those 2 and a squirrel that lost a face off are my "kills"

as for leaving an animal in suffering... if it's looking fargone, i'd like to think i could put it out of the misery i put it in, my nephews cat "pilchard"-dont ask- went missing, he was only 6 at the time and distraught, we called all the local refuges etc, no luck, till we tried a vet on the off chance, pilchard had been hit on the right rear side and left out in the road, some good samaritan found him and took him in to the vet, who was about 30mins away from putting him down coz it was quite horrific, insurance ponied up, he lost the leg but kept his life, and was renamed - tripod

btw i once saw an alsation head at the side of the a30 on our way down to cornwall......pint at the slaughtered lamb anyone?

Alex said:
Agree trev... you can't keep cats indoors all their lifes, and if you live in an urban area, you should think very carefuly about 'owning' one.

btw i had a mate in central london, 3 cats who never went outside, starsky, hutch and kojak, all three fat and lazy and quite content to be inside door stoppers.....

I had a burmese cat, who never wanted to go outside, he lived until he was 17, and another one of mine dosent either, its just down to the nature of the cat, i really do wish mine would want to be house cats, but they dont and i know it would make them unhappy to force them to stay inside, Finn was only 13 months old when he died, but i find comfort knowing that he had a really good life, and was really happy, i just wish i could have known him longer, but he's now with his Great grand father, Smokie, Grandmother Inez, Aunties Lilly and Jade Uncles Thomas, Rebel and Spike (he's the one that went missing, and Im assuming is dead) and finally his twin Riley

Some people are really clueless about animals - keeping cats in HELLO :bang: - obviously not an animal lover nor someone big on empathy
<tut tut - shakes head>

My cat you couldn't keep in - he's been hit by cars twice now and luckily lived to tell the tale but next time he may not be so lucky.

I'd hate to hit anything - animal or human.

I did have to unfortunately kill a rabbit a few months back - the Corsa in front clipped it's back end sticking it to the road - u could actually hear it screaming as it struggled to prize it's flat abdomen off the road. I put the car in first revved engine - aimed at it's head and put it out of its misery then proceeded to weep and had to pull over a few miles down the road to calm down - I'm a real softie :( still makes me sad now but it had to be done

ooo i got a road kill story, only a little squirrel tho but was still funny!

was drivin my bro to work a while ago, this squirrel ran out into the middle of the road an just stayed there thought i was just gonna go straight over him, but he decided he didnt want to b in the road anymore, and just as i got close to him tried to run back the way he came, ran right under my passengers front wheel perfectly.... felt this little bump as well, was well weird, suppose it wasnt that funny, but the way he looked up an tried to get back across had me an my bro laughing for ages!

Em? You reved the engine killed the rabbit then felt guilty ? :confused:

Mase! You must have a sadistic side, I try hard to miss everything, my Dad hit a dog with my in the car about 13 years ago,it ran out of a house with no garden and straight in front of us, horrible noise later it got up from underneath the car and ran away barking!

We got home to find the front end of the car wrecked!

Liam

lol well i tried to miss it, but it ran back across the road!!!

when i lived in the states i knew a mate who had a civic, and cause we lived by a huge forrest an lake there were deer about, well one ran out in the dark an he hit it, it wrote his car off an he was only doing 40! :eek:

mase said:
lol well i tried to miss it, but it ran back across the road!!!

when i lived in the states i knew a mate who had a civic, and cause we lived by a huge forrest an lake there were deer about, well one ran out in the dark an he hit it, it wrote his car off an he was only doing 40! :eek:
:eek: Was the deer ok then?

Back