Technical Trying to get USB in my 06 Punto Grande

Currently reading:
Technical Trying to get USB in my 06 Punto Grande

JonnyG

Hi all,

I have a 06 Punto Grande with the standard Bluetooth connectivty (no Blue & Me)

I'm trying to get a USB port for music playback installed in the car but so far have had both ideas for this ruled out. They were...

1 - Have Fiat upgrade the car to full Blue & Me spec.

My local dealer says this is not possible as it has to be factory fitted.

2 - Get a Blaupunkt USB/Bluetooth kit http://www.blaupunkt.com/uk/7607545500_main.asp

Apparantly not compatible with Blaupunkt OEM factory fitted stereos. Due to the software being different for the CD Changer controls than on aftermarket ones.

So, has anyone got any other ideas that might see me being able to plug in a usb key or my smartphone full of tunes?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the idea but something like that would be a last resort for me, i'm looking for some way of connecting a USB device up to the CD Changer inputs really. (So that i can control all my stuff from the steering wheel) plus having that sticking out where the cigarete lighter is on a Punto Grande would be a bit of a nightmare.

Thanks again though,

anyone else?

ye i used to have a radio transmiter, dont bother they are so bad!

Well i just went for the ipod conector kit , but im gessing by what you say u dont have a ipod... have you got a mp3 player or sumpthink that has a head phone soket? cos iv been looking around forums (when i was trying 2 figur my ipod prob out) and i think there is sumpthink you might be able to plud into the back of the head unit to a headphone soket i dont think you can use the car controls though

Ideally I'd like to have something that will allow me to connect a portable USB hard drive up, and also my smartphone. I think Dension have a Gateway device, just not for Fiats yet.

Waiting...

Back