Trying to find a car..

Currently reading:
Trying to find a car..

lambontheflag

My brother has lost his car, we are trying to find it....

Last night my brother went to a party, he agreed to phone me for a lift

So I waited up, however to no avail ashe turned up 330 am totally 4kd couldnt even talk & went to bed

This morning we can't find the car; though he has the keys?
we have driven round looking no luck so far..

How to solve this mystery? He needs it to get to work tomorrow.

All suggestions welcome

Mainly been checking ditches ... am considering reporting it stolen if not found by tomorrow am..

Mainly been checking ditches ... am considering reporting it stolen if not found by tomorrow am..

Reporting it stolen just wastes Police time. Ask a few friends to help search instead or the local BMX gang is always a good option. Lost my Range Rover once so offered £20 to a bunch of local kids on bikes if they found it. Took then less than an hour, well worth the £20. Better than explaining to the "old bill" how the car got stolen when its securerly lock and parked safely.

Last edited:
Reporting it stolen just wastes Police time. Ask a few friends to help search instead or the local BMX gang is always a good option. Lost my Range Rover once so offered £20 to a bunch of local kids on bikes if they found it. Took then less than an hour, well worth the £20. Better than explain to the old bill how the car got stolen when its securerly lock and parked safely.

What a smart idea. Great advice too... I would do this! (y)

I lost mine in Brent Cross shopping centre multi storey once. Just couldnt remember which floor it was or even roughly where....wandered around for well over an hour. :eek:

I was sober BTW, just distracted with the excitement of shopping.

Last edited:
I was sober BTW, just distracted with the excitement of shopping.

I have to admit I wasn't sober when I lost my Range Rover.

Went to visit a friend, we met in a local pub. I drank way too much so had to leave the car and call a taxi. Unfortunately the area my friend lives in isn't the best place to leave your car over night so I drunkenly thought it best I move it round the corner where it would be less attractive to the unsavoury creatures that lived in the area.

I'm sure I drove no more than a few hundred yards but I still couldn't find the car the next morning. :eek:

Aye all good advice thankyou everyone, have been looking all day with no sign of it now; am beginning to suspect that maybe it has been stolen

it's a black 107 , perhaps someone local has lifted it to break for parts?

Years ago I sold my old Uno to a friend of mine. She had for three days, drove to visit someone she knew in an area she had never been to before. She parked up and stayed the night. The next morning it was gone. It turned out she had parked in a residents only bay and it had been towed away - she hadnt noticed any signs. Is this possibly what may have happened here? It happened on a Saturday night too.

Last edited:
did he check where the party was that his car wasnt there? did he google map the directions, if so will still be in his directions?

Back