Trick or treat night :(

Currently reading:
Trick or treat night :(

Its Micky night that really gets me.

I want to have my car up in my bedroom so that ic an watch it and make sure its safe :cry:.

The last thing i want is to wake up and find it covered in eggs or something ridiculous.

Its Micky night that really gets me.

I want to have my car up in my bedroom so that ic an watch it and make sure its safe :cry:.

The last thing i want is to wake up and find it covered in eggs or something ridiculous.

I'm hearing you on that one my friend!!

Actually, the whole Haloween thing is an American tradition anyway, but as usual we, the Brits, have to follow :confused:

should be ok in my flat (y)

Decided never to give anything away at halloween after my cinq got egged and damaged etc :( (after i gave them stuff too!)

Bloody hell, theystill did that even after you gave them stuff :eek: !! That's some ungrateful kids you've got round your way. All the best for this year.

Actually, the whole Haloween thing is an American tradition anyway, but as usual we, the Brits, have to follow :confused:

Halloween is based in "All Halloweds Eve", a pagan traditional of English origin.

However, "Trick or Treat" is the American tradition, NOT ours. I know some people see it as a bit of fun but what kind of message does it give to kids that they can go up and demand something off a stranger for free? And if they don't get it they can then play a 'trick'? At least with Christmas you're told that you'll only get presents if you've been good all year.

Sadly the sort of 'just hit puberty so probably just about to breed' Chav scum latched on to Halloween and made a bad name for it. They are the ones that went round causing damage and terrorising old age pensioners in the name of selfish greed. As a result Halloween night often has a heavy Police presence, and I think you're only allowed to do trick or treat up to 7pm and you have to be supervised by an adult. After 7pm you can be stopped by the Police and told to go home, and the same applies if you have no adult supervising.

Surely it is far better for youngsters to go to organised Halloween parties rather than roaming the streets asking for treats of strangers?

just leave a sign on the front door saying, if you knock your gonna die or sumething like that

just leave a sign on the front door saying, if you knock your gonna die or sumething like that

there are posters in our local paper to cut out and put in your window to say no trick or treaters, which is a good idea.

Not looking forward to halloween as I live in a slightly rough area now! :rolleyes: Can guarantee there'll be some nasty teenage chavs wandering round on the scrounge. Tempting to have a stash of cheap lollies dipped in p*ss/paint stripper/rat poison to give to the mouthy ones.

Gonna keep my trusty catapult handy along with a stash of mint imperials, they make decent ammo and it's an innovative way of giving scrotey teenage yobs their "treat"... delivered at 100mph and ideally directly in the testicles :D

there are posters in our local paper to cut out and put in your window to say no trick or treaters, which is a good idea.

Yes it's a great idea in theory, but how many of the older ones that are up to no good anyway, are going to take any notice? I'll have a scan through our local papers though anyway just in case they've done the same.

Jeez what a grumpy lot!

Got a big pumpkin with candle inside it by living room window,looks cool:cool:

Loads of pre-bagged sweets to hand out to the kids....we dont mind haloween here as kids are all local & know my kids.

Best off all I get a 30% cut in all the sweets they bring home:)

Worse bit is getting monkey nuts in my work lunch box for the next 10weeks:(

I love halloween too! I allways make a pumpkin lantern :D Its the chavs that spoil it. The only genuinly scary part of halloween is dealing with mouthy brats and chavs who make it an excuse to go car vandalising! Got egged a couple of years ago when i used to live near to the centre of swansea. I feel so sorry for people who have no choice but to live in a street like I did. Thank goodness i live in a much quieter street now and my car isnt seeing any trouble either as its in a garage :) Phew!

Best to be out of your house on halloween anyway...i'll be at a friends house party and so probably too drunk to care. Sod the tacky and greedy american way of doing halloween, it was all about the parties (even for the adults) before we copeid them!

Hope everyone has no trouble this year! (y)

Anyone dressing up by the way? I have no idea what i am going as, tbh i havent dressed up since i was about 6!! lol!

Si

I aint read the rest of this thread, but im glad i live in a set of flats....

Hate them comming round. Might put my halloween costume on and run out an attack.

Ross

they dont bother me banging on the door, we pretend to be out, only this year me parents are on holiday, im at work and think me brother is too.

Its the penny for the guy people that annoy me, theres about 4 sit outside the shop, i shout at them lots lol, last year me manager stole the guy from someone as they wouldnt move lmao

We also had local bobbies in shop and they gave us a poster saying we dont sell flower or eggs to under 16's, lol best park the car away from the shop on wednesday then

Last edited:
Much as I am known for being grumpy (so this will come as a shock to you), I love the kids coming round in their outfits :D And have some cups to fill with funsize choc and little partybag bits to hand outn :) I agree the older ones in binbags or masks are annoying though!

Jeez what a grumpy lot!

Got a big pumpkin with candle inside it by living room window,looks cool:cool:

Loads of pre-bagged sweets to hand out to the kids....we dont mind haloween here as kids are all local & know my kids.

Best off all I get a 30% cut in all the sweets they bring home:)

Worse bit is getting monkey nuts in my work lunch box for the next 10weeks:(

last years kids had never heard of monkey nuts???

Back