General Traveling for my b!

Currently reading:
General Traveling for my b!

aliandtheband

I bought my barchetta in a very bad condition, the previous owner did abuse using it! and I have no idea how it looked like when it was new, so I need some help guys, because I want to make it brand new, I'm traveling to Germany after a few weeks only to get the part I'm missing! so help please!

Does anyone have and idea where can I find the cover shown in the picture!
Mine is so damaged and I searched without finding anything!
can anyone post a picture on how it should look like, I mean I know I'm missing the windstop plate which is above it (I don't have it!)... is this part (shown in the picture) connected to the one where the soft top rest inside, or they are two parts, if you get what I mean!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

another question, how much the front lights should cost, where to find a cheap but decent ones!?

Everything you need, Pictures, Parts, costs, can be found from this site.

barchettaparts.com

Obviously we will all help as we can too. :)

The photo you have is difficult to see, where did you pull it from, is it the rear panel where the roof sits. .

I can't remember who's picture was this from this forum but is very good for what you need!
If the owner of the pic minds I posted this should tell me and I will take it down! ;)

Attachments

• P9300003.JPG
    P9300003.JPG
    854.5 KB · Views: 28
In all barchetta's there is no fixed carpets at all, all the floor linings, rear panel, behind seats, under hood, in the boot. All of these are and should be in the rubber, plastic vinyl material as you have shown in your photos of the floor.

If that panel you have removed is a carpet, then it is not a standard part and something that the previous owner has added.

the original is here can be found here .

http://www.barchettaparts.com/catal...uct&filter_name=rear seat panel&product_id=76

Attachments

• Achterwand bekleding-500x500.jpg
    Achterwand bekleding-500x500.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
In all barchetta's there is no fixed carpets at all, all the floor linings, rear panel, behind seats, under hood, in the boot. All of these are and should be in the rubber, plastic vinyl material as you have shown in your photos of the floor.

If that panel you have removed is a carpet, then it is not a standard part and something that the previous owner has added.

the original is here can be found here .

http://www.barchettaparts.com/catal...uct&filter_name=rear seat panel&product_id=76

This is the part I want, But I think mine is an original too, it has the same texture as the floor carpet, anyway, I was wondering what should I have on it!? I mean there's three holes in it, what is it for?

holes are for plastic fasteners

you really need original part? my cover was also in bad condition, so i took it out. and cover that metal plate behind seat with fabric. it looks warmer now. also will put some isolation to reduce noise.

The 3 holes are for plastic fasteners.
Over those the fixing plate mounts for the windstop.

I have got the plastic part and a windstop for you for sale (belgium) but I don't have the mounting plate for the windstop any more.

The 3 holes are for plastic fasteners.
Over those the fixing plate mounts for the windstop.

I have got the plastic part and a windstop for you for sale (belgium) but I don't have the mounting plate for the windstop any more.

So for the wholes I should plastic fasteners like these

and over it there is the mounting plate like this one!?

and how is the mounting plate attached to it!? with plastic fasteners too!?

Last edited:
Another question!
after attaching my hardtop on the car, there's a part not covered with plastic cover and I can't believe it should be exposed like this, it looks not so nice!

this part is shown in this picture!
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1A01...#cid=1A0128D04E7C47EF&id=1A0128D04E7C47EF!546

is there any plastic covers for it, there on sale on the net!? should these plastic cover come with the hard top or you just get it later!?

Yes there should be covers that cover the fixing points but they are rare and most of the time they are not sold with the hardtop itself.

I'm trying to source a pair my own but they don't come up quite often.
You can get replica's (polyester ones) at barchettaparts.com but they are still verry expensive (100€)

Did you place the 2 little supports where the pins of the hardtop fall in?
These one:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1A01...#cid=1A0128D04E7C47EF&id=1A0128D04E7C47EF!532

These are replica's too i've got from barchettaparts. The orginal should be black.
They help to position the hardtop and prevent it going off when slamming the brakes or in a collision.

Answer to the first question.
yes you need the fasteners at the bottom left for the fabric.
The mounting plate is fitted with self tapping screws in the body work (the 3 holes you see in the plate)

Last edited:
Yes there should be covers that cover the fixing points but they are rare and most of the time they are not sold with the hardtop itself.

I'm trying to source a pair my own but they don't come up quite often.
You can get replica's (polyester ones) at barchettaparts.com but they are still verry expensive (100€)

Did you place the 2 little supports where the pins of the hardtop fall in?
These one:
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1A0128D04E7C47EF&id=1A0128D04E7C47EF%21546#cid=1A0128D04E7C47EF&id=1A0128D04E7C47EF%21532

These are replica's too i've got from barchettaparts. The orginal should be black.
They help to position the hardtop and prevent it going off when slamming the brakes or in a collision.

Answer to the first question.
yes you need the fasteners at the bottom left for the fabric.
The mounting plate is fitted with self tapping screws in the body work (the 3 holes you see in the plate)

Well, about the support for the hard top pins, I don't have them.... are they really necessary!?.... how much did you pay for these!?

by the way, are you a professional mechanic, because looking at pictures in the gallery, you've a job that only experienced people can do!

am I the only one who thinks that, barchettaparts.com, are so expensive sometimes!?

Last edited:
barchettawindschotbeuge.jpg

I have one of these spare somewhere. Let me know if anyone needs it? I may get rid of some of my spares soon.

barchettaparts.com is not always cheap, especially when you add in postage but they have a great amount of stock and you know that they will be removed from the car properly.

Back