Travel Insurance question

Currently reading:
Travel Insurance question

you dont need it unless you are going to have a medial problem, so predict the future before you go then you'll know what to expect. if you cant predict the future then you'll need to get insurance or take a risk. the risk is far greater than the cost of insurance, so you will need to have parts of your brain missing to take that risk.
I prefer to live dangerously :p

I just save up all my illnesses until Christmas when I come home ... lol

though soon to be Fukuoka for the next however long :D

I misread that for second and thought it said "Fukuova" as in "Fcuk u ova" :eek:

Regarding travel insurance Ben would have a problem because even if you take out a yearly travel insurance plan it doesn't cover you to be away for a whole year. It is in effect a multiple trip insurance with each trip only covered to a maximum amount of time i.e. 1 month. You can take as many trips per year as you want as long as each trip doesn't exceed the maximum duration allowed. I think as well it doesn't count if you move from one country to another as you have to return to your home address before the next trip begins. Passports WILL be checked so there's no real way round this...

When I did long single trips abroad (3 months or more) I took out single trip insurance policies. These have to be applied for direct from the insurance provider - most of the time I used a company called "Insure and Go". Their prices seemed very competitive and their cover compared well with all the other insurance companies I compared them with.

http://www.insureandgo.com/

But like with anything it pays to shop around and compare the market as it's constantly changing. However, whatever your trip get insurance as the consequence can be severe if you're ever caught without it.

you dont need it unless you are going to have a medial problem, so predict the future before you go then you'll know what to expect. if you cant predict the future then you'll need to get insurance or take a risk. the risk is far greater than the cost of insurance, so you will need to have parts of your brain missing to take that risk.

My brother goes skiing twice a year and last year he went to New Zealand and he never has any travel insurance, but he does have a few parts of his brain missing (he drives a Punto :D).

Back