General Transmission not engaging

Currently reading:
General Transmission not engaging

MWalsh

I have a 2009 Fiat Ducato 3.0L 160 Automatic. This morning I was trying to move it. Firstly, it was a little difficult to start. Had to turn ignition twice. It started and I needed to move it from an ackward parking spot - had to move forward & back a few times. It engaged gears at first but then nothing. I am getting a Transmission message on the dash and the red light with the bonnet raised is alight.
is there anyone who can give me advice please?
Thanks,

Hi

There have been a few posts made detailing specific component failures with the robotised gearbox..

BUT..
If you had a problem starting the engine.. then I would be checking fundamental things first

Electrical power.. has it been driven lately??

Hi

There have been a few posts made detailing specific component failures with the robotised gearbox..

BUT..
If you had a problem starting the engine.. then I would be checking fundamental things first

Electrical power.. has it been driven lately??
Has not been driven for about 2 weeks. I have plugged in electricity in order to charge things up a bit. Will try again in a while. Do you think that lack of charge in the battery could be an issue?

How did it seem 'Hard to Start'?

Cranking quick..but didnt fire

Or something else?
It cranked but didn’t start as usual first time. I had to go a second time. Have it on charge now and will try again later. Thanks for reply.

Just tried there now. Engine started as usual. ‘Check Engine’ message came up. Not ‘Check Transmission’. Got gear as usual though. Tried driving it and changed from forward to reverse a few times. Worked mostly but on one occasion while dash showed R (reverse) it wouldn’t move also same happened showing 1 but didn’t move. Tried it a few seconds later and the transmission did engage. Yellow engine light on…

Back