train tickets

Currently reading:
train tickets

arc

this is where i stand
i'm off to stafford next weekend, and there is no chance of my car working before then.. soo i'm going to have to go by train.

just been looking on trainline.com and oh dear god, how crap is the rail system. anyway. its expensive. i dont want to pay that much. £35 return. kiss my arse, it costs less in petrol than that for me to drive. the train is going that way anyway, makes no odds if im on there or not. anywya.

i used to travel down to london on trains often, adn cant remember if it was the website that was good for getting cheap tickets, or am i better at the ticket office at the station?

train tickets are more expensive at the ticket office usually. if you can book in advance and pick the exact train you wants then that is usually the cheapest price. were upi going to and from?

I'd agree with that - there's usually a choice of tickets on the website so you can pick the cheapest and usually cheaper in advance than on the day.

i dont have a cento so i dont need trains :p

yeah, but my car didn't break - i got bored with it, so am making it quicker, i enjoy driving thats why i have my cinq and not a punto :p :devil:

Problem is, i'm coming back on the sunday and there aint many trains from Preston to St Annes on that day. So i think i'll be able to get a train as far as preston and then ring someone up or summit, i dunno.

will have a look at gner

Click the option for single each way if you have not done that so far.

Got two tickets from Gloucester to London recently for £8 there and £9 back. About the same cost for derv in the punto, but as I was over there with the missus on the ****, no worries about parking and being over the limit the next day.....

yeah, just checked that. £8.50 each way.

do they get annoyed if you dont go on the trains uve booked, so long as u dont sit in reserved seats.

Look at an odd route of getting there.

Eg: I needed to get to Leicester on the train in November, I couldnt make the direct to Leicester from Manchester departure for the only train before they stopped for the evening, so grovelled a lift to a reasonably local station and picked up another train indirect from there at half the cost and arriving about 20mins earlier.

But it didnt work exactly like that...I'll Elaborate at some point without threadjacking :)

Look at an odd route of getting there.

Eg: I needed to get to Leicester on the train in November, I couldnt make the direct to Leicester from Manchester departure for the only train before they stopped for the evening, so grovelled a lift to a reasonably local station and picked up another train indirect from there at half the cost and arriving about 20mins earlier.

But it didnt work exactly like that...I'll Elaborate at some point without threadjacking :)

My turn this time!!!

Trying to sort cheapest route from Leicester to Lancaster :rolleyes:

Back