General Track Lemon - 1.4 Cinq track toy

Currently reading:
General Track Lemon - 1.4 Cinq track toy

The loom will stripped back to the bare essentials. At the moment its physically hanging on the wall of my garage so it's out of the way. Mentally, stripping back the loom resides in that part of my brain reserved for 'scary'.

:)

Still some stripping to be done on the shell. More pics to come today. Then we'll get on to the welding to make sure everything is as strong as it needs to be without adding too much weight.

This beast is definitely not going to be road legal. This is purely a trailer to the track car.

Craigb: you have a turbo now? Mmmm tasty!

Wheels will be 13 inch. We already have slicks and cut slicks for this exercise :)

Brake setup will be reasonably close to standard. At the weight we'll end up with we won't need huge brakes to stop. But better pads and stainless steel brake lines with better fluid. And possibly remove the master cylinder and go for a leg destroying uber manual setup.

Last edited:
What 13's?? im just intressted

At least go for vented discs and uno calipers if its on track.

I recon you can get the 257mm and maybe 260mm discs with wilwood calipers under 13" wheels

What 13's?? im just intressted

At least go for vented discs and uno calipers if its on track.

I recon you can get the 257mm and maybe 260mm discs with wilwood calipers under 13" wheels

Uncertain on the actual wheels. If I can find a set of alloys lighter than the steelies then I'll go for them.

Got any info or links? Can't see how it works in my head and never heard of it before :confused:

I don't have any pics handy but I'll see if I can get some. And a more detailed explanation. I'm told they need a damn good shove to stop you but the feel is much much better than a 'normal' setup.

i suggest you question rallycinq about your brake setup. he installed a pedal box;)
IIRC they have two master cylinders and a balance bar so you can split the braking front and rear.

Uncertain on the actual wheels. If I can find a set of alloys lighter than the steelies then I'll go for them.

i have a set of 13x6 wellers, nice and light, but alloys are better for disapating heat away from the brakes
Comp CXR'x are nice and light, look good too, check out nitrane's page

Last edited:
You're all quite possibly right in the braking dept. My mechanical noobism is probably misunderstanding what he said.

Re the wheels, still doing research. :)

Back