Toyota Starlet GT turbo

Currently reading:
Toyota Starlet GT turbo

SeicentoS

Established member
Ahoy, any of you lot driven one of these? I've been offered one for 2500 with 65k miles on, just about to come from Japan, the insurance is cheap for an 18 year old and I'm seriously considering selling my sei and getting it, any opinions on the car?

check out this site mate

www.ukstarletclub.com

Ive driven the standard 1.3ltr 16v non-turbo and they are nice cars, but turbo is better.
the boys on the site are very good and they know their starlets. Im going to a track day with a few of them in a few weeks so can let you know just how feckin fast they are:D

OZ

put it this way, I wanted one (Well an NA starelet, or a 1litre turbo charade) very very very much before I ended up with a punto, not the turbo as 1) they are rare as rocking H poo 2) camskill (major UK starlet and charade tuners) are just down the road 3) they handle much more like a car 4) I believe they don't rust (albeit >1993 fiats don't either)

very very nice cars. insurance is high on them tho. they run 150bhp as standard on "hi boost". standard they have a very niffty hi/low boost switch which is pretty trick. veey strong engine and can make some serious power with the right money chucked at it. being a toyota, they go forever if looked after, all electrics are fine, no issues there, build quality is mint. my mate had one and i drove it a couple of times and they certainly move!

at 18 tho, my mate was paying £2000 under his mums name with his!

Dunc

hey £2000 ain't bad!!

I;ve got an eygiption friend (spl?) who spent £5500 on a dealership 206, it was a 1.4, sounded rough as anything and had loads of scuffs and burn holes inside, not to mention the smell of smoke :yuck: didn't bother shopping around for insurance took the first quote of, wait for it......................£3200 (and some pounds but I can't remember how many) TPFT only:eek: not to mention he paid about £2000 more for the car than I would have. and the dealer in question are the biggest load of balls since fiat dealers(n)

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
at 18 tho, my mate was paying £2000 under his mums name with his!

Dunc

I've been quoted 1300 fully comp with Bell insurance O.O

Toyota starlets are quick due to their power/weight ratio. As for whether i'd get one...... well u have to chuck "serious" money to break 200bhp. Be a nice quick car tho!!

Ross

h2ypr said:
Toyota starlets are quick due to their power/weight ratio. As for whether i'd get one...... well u have to chuck "serious" money to break 200bhp. Be a nice quick car tho!!

Ross

I don't intend on tuning it tbh, It'll be a huge step up from driving a 1.1 if I do get it lol

Back