Technical Towed Away

Currently reading:
Technical Towed Away

My hunk of junk failed this afternoon. I had the clutch replaced on 17 December under warrantly after complaining about it since January 04. It didn't feel right and sounded funny. I took it back last Tuesday and Reg Vardy said it needed replacing again but would be OK to drive. Since then, it has been get more and more difficult to get gears. Today, the clutch pedal went to the floor and stayed there. Fiat AA have fixed me up with a Punto for 48 hours and recovered the car to my dealer. As parts took almost a month to come last time, who knows what happens after that?

D'oh!!

Car has done 24K miles. Had usual problems with clicking pedal for over a year. Clutch was completly replaced on 17 December but did not feel right. Took it back for earliest available appointment (last Tuesday) and they said it was faulty but OK to drive. Was booked in for 1st Feb but it failed on Sunday. Due to part availability, it's now off road for a month. Have use of the courtesy Punto until it's repaired although dealer not happy as I do 700 miles a week. Tough!

Now battling with Fiat UK, Fiat Finance & the dealer for more compo! Not keen on paying for a car I can't use. Will keep you posted!

Got my car back on Friday. Seems the thought of me doing 700 miles a week in their Punto magicked the parts up. Clutch now seems fine but they have cracked my black plastic engine cover and broken the plastic battery cover. I only noticed as the negative battery wire has been mis-routed around the outside of the battery box!! Oh, well, another trip to uncle Reg's tomorrow morning :-(

Back