General Towbar Anybody

Currently reading:
General Towbar Anybody

panda st

Hi has anybody got an idea of where i could get a towbar for a 1990 panda keep my eye out but not been able to find one thanx joe:)

I can tell you how to make one (DIY style) (y)

I can even supply a DIY made one for the cost of P+P if it helps. Managed to get it from another member, but never used it, and don't need it anymore.

It's in a slight state, but would do as a make shift of as a template one to copy from.

Photo0409.jpg

Photo0408.jpg

Photo0407.jpg

Photo0406.jpg

Jon.

I have a bar without a hitch that MEP sold me last year that I dont need anymore if youd like. £15 and P+P. PM me if interested. I'll take a pic tomorrow if required

I have a towbar but I'm trying to understand better what way it's attatched.
Mine just uses 4 bolts onto the bracket that's part of the car. The bracket to me doesn't seem strong enough to hold the weight of a car and trailer.

Were's Alan D when you need him. :idea: Actually must go and phone him.

Mine also has a bracket that goes upwards behind the bumper and is bolted through the bracket around the tailgate latch.
Mike

I have a towbar but I'm trying to understand better what way it's attatched.
Mine just uses 4 bolts onto the bracket that's part of the car. The bracket to me doesn't seem strong enough to hold the weight of a car and trailer.

Were's Alan D when you need him. :idea: Actually must go and phone him.

The one on my Sisley took the weight of the Selecta and a dolly bouncing about on it, and also the weight of a mk4 Golf GT TDi when I had to tow that a small distance. And that was only bolted on.

29122008458noplate.jpg

29122008460noplate.jpg

Last edited:
hi there if welsh jon still has the towbar could you private message me as im intrested and really need one

Back