Tow after pay?

Currently reading:
Tow after pay?

claymore

Scottish Claymore
Hello,

I've been interested in purchasing a car on ebay on the odd occasion but unfortunatly I've never been able to buy as the car is too far away from where I live. Now I've heard about towing companies that can carry a car on a flatbed to a destination. If that were the case I could just pay for the car and have it towed back home. Has anyone done this and so what should one be careful of when doing so?

Probably be cheaper to catch the train/fly, pick up car, drive it home. Everyone I know of who has bought/sold a car on eBay has done this.

never buy a car without looking at it! :eek:

if it gets transported to you, and then it turns out to be a total piece of crap (all the crap cars go on ebay) you're a bit stuck.

at the very least win the auction and then go and check it out. legally you dont have to pay if the item description was inaccurate, no matter what the seller says on their listing.

i wouldnt bother with cars that are far away. i've looked at hundreds of cars, and only 1 in 10 is worth buying, those odds arent good enough to make it worth travelling imo, especially for a car on ebay.

I've travelled other end of the country to view a car before buying. Once I bought right there and then, twice I've returned to collect after viewing. It's one of the biggest purchases you'll make so well worth spending a bit of time and money making sure it's right.

i been from Essex to south wales twice before after winning bids on ebay, an both times cars have been so far off what was described i had to walk away.

if your paying top money you can usually get AA or rac to go check the car first for a fee.

Beau has had cars delivered before for £1 a mile, but that was before this new law that recovery trucks and even a towing vehicle with a trailer need to have a taco unless being used for private use

Last edited:
Back