General Tow a dualogic

Currently reading:
General Tow a dualogic

excession

I drive an Astra.
Hi. Need to recover my sister-in-law's broken GP Dualogic. The gearbox is fine but the alternator is shagged and she drove it until the battery ran out. :bang:

Will it have stopped "in gear" or will it be in neutral?

If it is in gear, is it possible to get it into neutral without starting it? (Battery is totally flat so not sure it will power on at all)

If not, what's the best way to get it onto a car transporter trailer with a winch?

Thanks!! :)

Will it have stopped "in gear" or will it be in neutral?

If its been turned off in gear (as it should be then yes).

If it is in gear, is it possible to get it into neutral without starting it? (Battery is totally flat so not sure it will power on at all)

Yes, but you'll need enough battery power to prime the pump when the drivers door is opened, and to operate the ignition and enable you to select neutral.

Take a spare fully charged battery with you, or some jump leads to connect the towing vehicle and enable you to select neutral (y)

Nice one. Sounds like my weedy jump start pack should have enough juice in for that!

Great news - there was just enough charge in it to start it and drive it onto the trailer. On the way off it, the ePAS quit and it got stuck in neutral... worse things have happened!

Right, off to find an alternator!!

Thanks for your help.

Back