Technical Total KM differs between odometer and ECU

Currently reading:
Technical Total KM differs between odometer and ECU

The other day I was fiddling around my car and testing with ecuscan I saw that total km registered in the ECU are more or less double than what is show on the odometer....
I also noticed that one or two years ago, but I forgot to ask on my favourite forum :D

It's strange, because the car was new when I bought it....

what do you think, guys?

I have tought that, but I always been the owner of the car and I'm pretty sure it is not the case...
The strange thing is that the odometer is at 230.000km, ecu is at 470.000km...
The first value is reasonable, but I never really pay attention to check if it is counting in the right way.
On the other hand, when I was expecting to do, let's say, a journey of about 600 km, the odometer has counted the right amount of km at the end of the journey.....

Sorry guys, I was not at home and I saw your message only now.

No, I didn't change the Ecu, and the tires are always been the size intended for the car.

I don't think my mechanic have changed Ecu without telling ... but... who knows?
As I said, it is not really important because I'm planning to keep the car till it's time for the scrapyard; but if this was not the case, problems like this can be very annoying.

1 km
=
0.621371 mile

so consider the mileaometer is showing miles or was before it was set to kilometres
you can do this with multiecuscanny

1 km
=
0.621371 mile

so consider the mileaometer is showing miles or was before it was set to kilometres
you can do this with multiecuscanny
Uhm ....

If my ecu was taking miles instead of km from the beginning now at 230K on the odometer my ecu will be around 370k; instead, it shows 470k.

I never saw a setting mode for miles or km in the pc utility multiecuscan: where is it?

By the way, someone knows from what sensor/device the ecu and the odometer take the signal? are they two, or there is only one sensor?

Uhm ....

If my ecu was taking miles instead of km from the beginning now at 230K on the odometer my ecu will be around 370k; instead, it shows 470k.

I never saw a setting mode for miles or km in the pc utility multiecuscan: where is it?

By the way, someone knows from what sensor/device the ecu and the odometer take the signal? are they two, or there is only one sensor?

probably from gearbox sensor

Back