Toshiba Laptops

Currently reading:
Toshiba Laptops

Are Toshiba Laptops any good.

Im hopefully going to be getting a laptop in February next year and have been looking around at new ones :p

The toshiba laptop has caught my eye and looks to be quite a good one.

At the moment i use my dads advent laptop that is over 7 years old and runs everything that i need to fine (y)

Im planning on spending about £500, but might maybe pay monthly as well if i can.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/550060/?int=right_nav_Laptops

Thats good to hear (y)

I dont want to get a dell because i find them just a little bit boring, and i have one at work and its a bit naff :D.

Its either Toshiba or Compaq. im going out today so will have a quick play with a few if i get near to any pc shops (y)

I have a Toshiba Satelite Pro... never had a problem with it! must now go and find some wood to touch though! lol

Alan

Got a Toshiba Teckra 9000 here. :D - Over 6 years old (Got a Win2K COA on the bottom so must be knocking on a bit...)

Seems to be good, very durable. (y)

Don't know if the latest are the same though. :confused:

Last edited:
as long as it lasts me 3-4 years (y)

i want a laptop so i can have in my bedroom when i want, and then bring it downstairs to watch sky plus with :D

and then it will go off to work with me somedays, and away on business trips as well :D

and the toshiba suits that purpose :p

As long as you treat them right they will last forever (y)

My dads laptop is about 7 years old and still going strong. Keyboard on it broke last month and started springing up at one side, but a bit of superglue sorted it :D

Toshiba gives free HD DVDs with laptops in UK

30 November 2007 12:51 by Dela
Toshiba is offering free HD DVD movie titles in the UK to consumers that purchase laptops that are equipped with a HD DVD drive. The company is giving away five free HD DVD titles with purchases of laptops, such as models from the Qosmio and Satellite ranges. The option allows customers to start building a HD DVD collection immediately without having to spend extra cash.

Such promotions have become common in the format war between HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc. The fourth quarter is set to be another show down between the two, with both hoping it will show some new gaps in hardware and disc sales performance that each can tout in press releases we will no doubt all receive in early January before the Consumer Electronics Show (CES).

Toshiba is committed to pushing the HD DVD format with sales of its laptops. On the other side, the Blu-ray camp has the PlayStation 3 (PS3) console equipped with a BD-ROM drive, and given recent price cuts and the introduction of the "40GB model", it appears to be looking forward to great performance this month.

The Toshiba HD DVD laptop promotion ends on January 31st, 2008.

Back