Torsion bar/Anti-roll bar.....

Currently reading:
Torsion bar/Anti-roll bar.....

E

Emma

Torsion bar/Anti-roll bar/Bottom ball joint/ wishbone, which ever you call it?
Well today i decided to find out whats wrong with my car, gets under the front of the car only to find the bar(whatever u call it) not attached to either side of the car. Funny thing was ive always called it the torsion bar, but when ringing for a price it was called all sorts.
It has to be bought as a full new bar not just the rubber/bushes.
Question is could i replace this myself and what would i need to do it(i would look but the heavens have just opened) and is it a hard job to replace?

Cheers in advance guys.
Emma x

If you mean this:
9c_1_b.JPG

you can change it alone, buts its a fiddling job to do. You have to unscrew the shock ....

sven3.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site

"Torsion bar/Anti-roll bar/Bottom ball joint/ wishbone"

You need to work out which one it is as they are 4 different things, and the bravo only has 3 of them.

Right just found out that it is the anti-roll bar. and i only need the bushes, nuts & bolts.
Also found a nice young mechanic to do it for me too.LOL.But have to wait till monday for parts. :(
Isnt it amazing how most car part shops dont have a clue what your talking about?
Cheers guys.
Emma x

The anti-roll bar is the one that goes to both sides of the car

all the bushes, and there are 8 i think, cost about £1.50 each. It'll cost you an hours labour to get the relevant ones fitted mind you.
My 50p says droplinks..

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4 & now ex owner of a Bravo 1.8