General Top 5 GP's Good / Bad points

Good:

1.Looks
2.Price
3.Equipment
4.Performance (on the 1.9 mjtd)
5.Interior space

Bad:

1.Build quality can be a bit iffy (Glove box for instance)
2.Not a lot else really

This is based on my sporting 1.9 mjtd

Good:

1. Just look at it :p its goregous
2. The engine, never short of power and pulls hard at low revs, plus great mpg
3. Grip, control and handling
4. The seats in the sporting are very comfortable, even more so in leather
5. Low price and loads of kit as standard!

Bad:
1. A couple of bits of the interior trim are cheap, the glove box especially
2. The boot lid could really use a handle there, but then it does look better with out
3. No spare wheel on the sporting just the stupid inflator kit...
4. Theres not much storage space inside the car, the door pockets are tiny and theres not many cubby holes
5. The sportings fork alloys take an age to clean :eek:

I'm kinda being a bit picky with some of those last bad points, but theres not really much i can think of at the moment is that bad with it :)

Good:

1.Looks - best looking supermini by a mile especially in orange - turns heads
2.Price - 12k bargain
3.Performance (on the 1.9 mjtd 130bhp) will be even better when chipped
4.Equipment - 6speed - bluetooth - aircon - alloys - ipod conectivity
5.Rareity - at the moment

Bad:

1.Lack of storage for cd's etc - no trays under seats very small glove box
2.Rear pillars block reversing view - (price to pay for the looks)
3.Plastics could be tougher
4.Gear knob badge loose (new one delivered by mail even though i never contacted my dealer ) so must be a common fault - anyone else had one ?
5.Cleaning those alloys ( gonna buy some auto glym wheel cleaner )

Obviously got a couple of weeks before I get mine...but from the test drive...tend to agree already...so there shuldn't be any shocks...

1. Gorgeous looking
2. Quiet - I believe they've up the sound-proofing from previous model
3. High level of standard eqpt (although Aircon - even though it's poor - would be good on base models)
4. Price!
5. Rare - I've only seen one of the roads since keeping my eye out for weeks...although that's probably because the FIAT dealer has shut in Halifax!

1. Little storage space
2. A bit too plastic on trim
3. Rear leg-room seems tight - although I was in the back of an A3 the other week - flippin 'eck!
4. Shame hasn't got Maserati on the front...!
5. That noise when indicator's on...might do my head in..always can remove the pezo speaker or appropiate fuse! :p

The aircons a strange one on my diesel id say its no worse than the aircon on my dads saab or my uncles merc, but on the 1.2 courtesy car i had it did seem rather weak. Maybe its the engine not being powerful enough to get it running fully cooled :confused: ???

Good:

1. Styling - especially 3/4 front view
2. Seats - Really comfortable, firm and supportive
3. Refinement and solidity - Surprising ride quality on 17'' wheels and quiet at cruise and tickover
3. Standard equipment
5. Character and desirability

Bad:

1. Door plastics, hard to the touch, look cheap and likely to scratch easily
2. Poorly fitted and designed glovebox
3. Performance - 1.4 16V could do with about 10-20bhp more
4. Poorly designed user manual - Did they not think to employ a decent English translator?!
5. Iffy paintwork in places

Based on my Sporting 1.9 JTDm

Good:
1. Looks..... Only punto that doesn't lowering!
2. Performance, Good considering my engine hasn't ran in yet.
3. Driving position, First Punto / Fiat that has been comfortable to drive for long periods.
4. Handling, Fantastic on the corners no understeer, in fact if you push it you get a little oversteer :).
5. ICE, Ive got the Mp3 Blue & Me with the Sub(I didn't pay for it Fiat did!) and I must say compaired with a lot of standard ICE it sounds great, and the Bluetooth handsfree voice activated dialing etc works great!.

Bad:

1. Glove box... Mine is ****ed already and need to get it "re-seated" also far too small!
2. Lack of storage in cabin space
3. MPG, Although my engine still hasn't "Run In" Im not getting as good MPG as I would have hoped. I used to RAG the **** out of my vRS Fabia and used to get 44mpg combined. Driving half and half I get about 42mpg in the Punto
4. Tuning, In my opinion It should come standard at 150Bhp although it would more than likely knock it up 2 groups insurance...
5. Its so sexy I must wash it 2-3 Times a week!...(Couldn't think of anything else)

Back