Technical Tool for changing bearing

Currently reading:
Technical Tool for changing bearing

MKUser

Hi, I've had an issue with my front bearing and had to replace it.My motorhome is a Ducato 244, 18Q, 2.8 jtd ( 2005 year)
The thing is no workshop in France, where I got the problem, wanted to fix it and it had to be transported to Spain , where I live to be repaired here in a workshop.
I've lost my holidays.
A front bearing is not difficult to replace.
The only difficult point is extracting the bad bearing and put the new one.
You need a press and I only know the big ones in workshops.

Does anyone know a "portable press" or any method to replace the bearing by himself without qoing to the workshop???

Thanks.

Carry a spare hub with new bearing already fitted?
Be more French and tell French garagist it is a Citroen jumper/relay?

Just about to do something similar with our Mazda 3 has a noisy front wheel bearing, Have purchased a puller set off eBay to do it on the vehicle, this is from Oz but I am sure someone from Ebay in Europe would stock them.

23 PC Front Wheel Drive Bearing Removal Adapter Puller Pulley Tool Kit​

Just about to do something similar with our Mazda 3 has a noisy front wheel bearing, Have purchased a puller set off eBay to do it on the vehicle, this is from Oz but I am sure someone from Ebay in Europe would stock them.

23 PC Front Wheel Drive Bearing Removal Adapter Puller Pulley Tool Kit​

To follow up here are the UK results.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I'd be surprised if you could remove the wheel bearing on a ducatto with a puller
I'd have thought something like that would almost certainly need a bearing press
Nope, the bearing on a Duccato is no more difficult than a bearing on any car They are a Snug fit but they don't need 50,000lb of pressure, an fairly moddest press is more than enough to change a bearing. These sets which apply pressure via tightening a threaded bar are ususally more than adequate for pretty much anything of this size.

Things might get a bit more difficult if you move up to servicing on Lorries but the engineering in a Duccatto is no different to any modern car.

Carry a spare hub with new bearing already fitted?
Be more French and tell French garagist it is a Citroen jumper/relay?
I've been living in France for 9 years and speak french perfectly.
The thing is the workshops don't mind if you have a problem or not, at least on Bordeaux zone.

I've been living in France for 9 years and speak french perfectly.
The thing is the workshops don't mind if you have a problem or not, at least on Bordeaux zone.

Maybe it is a Bordeaux area issue.
Crazy a garagist didn't want your money.
Unless they thought the bearing would be hard to find / take days to arrive .
I have noticed lots of independent French mechanics have closed their businesses over the last 10 years or so.
Anyway it is a shame.
I hope you have been able to do something nice during your holidays even if you not in France.
Best wishes
Jack

Back