Too...upset...to...use...spacebar

Currently reading:
Too...upset...to...use...spacebar

Samtimmons

Hi all... :(

I report to you all today with sad, sad news.

On my way to work this morning... I got bumped. I say "I", I mean Geoff. And I say "Bumped", I mean shunted from behind (Ooh Err) into the back of a Citroen Xantia whilst waiting at traffic lights, by some daft bint driving a Fiesta. I say "Driving", I mean being a totally irresponsible driver and NOT NOTICING THE GORGEOUS BUM APPEARING IN HER WINDSCREEN... (Geoff's btw)

Gutted. Completely and totally gutted. Got her insurance info etc. Called Admiral and let them know, all sorted within the morning. Had to limp Geoff home from a car-park near work with a broked headlight (Oh, I hadnt noticed officer) and he's now waiting to get picked up on Wednesday morning to go get assessed.

Meanwhile, I have a courtesy car from Wed morning onwards.

He has been shortened by about 6 inches front left corner and rear left corner, had both (Smooth-colour coded) bumpers cracked, Bonnet nicely creased, front lateral strut bent (probably - I aint got under the bonnet yet, I dont have the stomach) and exhaust (Shiny Powerflow) knocked out of kilter, I fear they may write him off.

Its unbelievable. Ive had the little guy for two years and we've done everything together. He got me thru a break-up, went some way to finding me a new lady, and has gone everywhere with me for about 30,000 miles. Including Stanford Hall and some of the best weekends ever in Whitby.

I know it sounds weird to a lot of people but I really love that little hunk of steel, he's a sure-fire pick me up and a great project to get my mind of stuff.

Anyway, I have taken some photos (With my phone - apologies) to give you the gist, and also for insurance.

Notice the tiny smudge of red paint on the fiesta bumper (the only damage....) and how far my headlight has been pushed back (I.e. deformed lateral strut).

You can also see the original colours of my bumpers... tee hee.

And I'd only just booked it in to get his boot resprayed (I wish people would do a proper job first time round...)

2470Photo_10_.jpg

2470Photo_11_.jpg

2470Photo_12_.jpg

2470Photo_13_.jpg

2470Photo_14_.jpg

2470Photo_6_.jpg

2470Photo_7_.jpg

2470Photo_8_.jpg

unlucky. :( (n)

you'd be surprised what they'll fix these days.
a collegue's bora had a similar shunt on a motorway around 50mph...
boot was VERY creased/rippled... got repaired!
even the RAC tower said it'd be a write off.

The Negotiator said:
But a bora has a much higher value than a cinq...
true.. but it was an early bora... and a bad smash... by ratio.. i'd imagine it'd work out the same in repair costs.

i hope u get george out alive and kicking soon.

Poor Geoff, hope he is well again soon :( I am wondering how the bint (it is not often I sink to such language when talking about my own fair sex) managed not to see a bright red car sitting stopped at bright red traffic lights? Is she blind? Still, she must be thick, she bought a Fez ;)

The Negotiator said:
But a bora has a much higher value than a cinq...

that looks a little like a citroen xantia from the pic ;)

Hate it when that siht happens man, hope they pay up and without the lies that go around like, "OH he suddenly stopped and was trying stunt driving with his hand brake" etc

whats worse is the Fiesta looks fines. BAH YOU SHOULDA KICKED IT IN. might have made you feel better. vent some frustration.

Damage don't look too bad - if they do write it off just buy it back off ins co and put it right urself. I would cos I'm the same as you wit my car and the love affair I have wit it - if mine was in that state I'd defo buy it back and put it right as rain again. Fingers crossed for you and Geoff that you're repaired n back on the open road soon.

Em

personally mate i dont think they will write that off, the rear just needs a new bumper, the front will b where they question it, the bent lateral strut isnt too much of a problem, if however u have creased the chasis running up the side where the wing connects u might have a problem!

but good luck gettin him fixed, gutted for ya!

Bit of an update... well, not really. Im still drivin round in a Clio and not heard anything from Garage yet. thinking about it, the guy who picked Geoff up did look a bit shady. hmm...

Back