General Tonycott

Currently reading:
General Tonycott

Hi thanks for the reply i was supposed to buy this car yesterday only to be told it was already sold in the morning after agreeing a viewing.
Try to find something else in the fiat range to restore.

There’s plenty out there, if you’re wanting something a bit different from the 500, 124 spyder and X19, parts availability will become an increasing problem the further back you go…but then, that’s like a lot of marques

They’re not cheap, there’s a full resto needed one on eBay for £2000
I was tempted on the A112 that was on a month ago

Good, I’d have one, just look out for the tin worm and keep the radiator clear, blow out the fins with air, not water
Can I ask why you wouldn't use water? Not full on jet wash but just a garden hose is what I use once every two years. I take the rad out, flush it and then from the opposite side to the fan I back flush.
Curious

Can I ask why you wouldn't use water? Not full on jet wash but just a garden hose is what I use once every two years. I take the rad out, flush it and then from the opposite side to the fan I back flush.
Curious
The 850 has a multitude of water traps, better to blow out with air

The 850 has a multitude of water traps, better to blow out with air
Oh ok, normally I take the rad out, take off the shroud and then with a standard hose nozzle and some foam cleaner rinse through the fins. Will reassess this the next time!

Oh ok, normally I take the rad out, take off the shroud and then with a standard hose nozzle and some foam cleaner rinse through the fins. Will reassess this the next time!
I guess, if you’re stripping it all down, water won’t collect in any of the panels, rails etc

Back