Tonights Top Gear

Currently reading:
Tonights Top Gear

but much rather see someone getting their ar'ses out and using their supercars rather than just air conditioning them for 99.995% of their lives :rolleyes:

almost every time you "use" a supercar it breaks. so you'd have to be very rich, and have a few spare cars available

that was the conclusion of our weekly IT meeting this morning (we had nothing better to discuss). we decided that a motoring programme is defined as "something that you can only discuss with people who like cars". top gear is certainly not one because even the women at work talk about it, and most of them can only describe a car by its colour and size.

the big decider in last nights episode for me was the way JC kept saying "torques". you can not say a car has X amount of torques like JC repeatedly did. it has 500lb/ft of torque, not 500torques. if you presented a motoring show you would know that. then again if you presented a motoring show you would know better than to buy a gt40 or any lambo so it is blatantly obvious that top gear has as much to do with motors as cellotape.

he does it because if he goes into great detail alot of ppl wont watch and after all ratings matter, for one i will still watch it, JC and everyone in it are very smart guys

I get my 1st fiat on wed my friend suggested I stick my green volvo 440 on the shuttle, how dare she! probably the right shape thou:eek:

I watch Top Gear, because its entertainment about my fave subject. They don't just do cars but feature all manner of motorised joy.

If I wanted to know how many MPGs a Fiesta Diesel does, or wether or not my Grandmother would fit in the boot, i'd but Autocar/AutoExpress mag and watch Fith Gear.

Back