Tonights Top Gear

Currently reading:
Tonights Top Gear

yeh lol, james drive a panda(y)

In the paper/Autoxpress, it was reported that he only gets paid £25k a year and was trying to get the same megabucks as Richard and Jeremy. Nothing wrong with the new Panda. Go to www.topgear.com and see how well it done in the servey.

I wonder whopaid for the Rocket Reliant?????? If it was paid from our TV licence budget, then great, thats what I like, proper entertainment. Not ITV celelbraty strictly come ice jungle dancing.

In the paper/Autoxpress, it was reported that he only gets paid £25k a year and was trying to get the same megabucks as Richard and Jeremy. Nothing wrong with the new Panda. Go to www.topgear.com and see how well it done in the servey.

I wonder whopaid for the Rocket Reliant?????? If it was paid from our TV licence budget, then great, thats what I like, proper entertainment. Not ITV celelbraty strictly come ice jungle dancing.

It was very unusual, that would have been a VERY expensive project yet only covered about 15 minutes of the show?! 5 minutes of it as digging a hole they didn't use; kind of made me feel like there was more to it, possibly.

he might make only make 25k a year from top gear but remember he does numerous other shows ... i used to work for a TV production company and he presented Car of the Year for us and he got paid over £1000 for a days work

he might make only make 25k a year from top gear but remember he does numerous other shows ... i used to work for a TV production company and he presented Car of the Year for us and he got paid over £1000 for a days work

I am pretty sure that's the tip of the iceburg. My dad is a lowly head teacher but talks on IT for education (and other things). He will easily get £3k for two day's work + expenses and a 4/5* hotel, which is really 20 minutes talk and maybe one lunch time informal discussion. Maybe 3 hours of prep.

self confidence and self betering speech people are the ones that make thousands of pounds PER second. but then only for a few seconds a week.

yes it may only be £25k, but I seriously doubt top gear takes up 36hours of 48weeks of the year :rolleyes:

maybe spends 2 relaxed months filming the thing, and the rest of the year writing for the times motoring columns(y)

and if I was covering decent distances in a day, and didn't earn *that* much, I would probably have a diesel panda, and pocket the rest of the money to spend on my italian wooden yaught with lots of stainless shiney bits

I enjoyed the Rocket Robin, best thing to do with the little death traps is send them to the great perch in the sky. Anyone who believes James May only makes that sort of money please tell me how he bought a loaded Boxster S?
ps i did wonder if instead of the explosive bolts they just clamped that tank on with GKNs finest and lit the blue touch paper, Top gear is really a comedy show IMHO.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

AMEN to that!! :slayer: (y)

Top gear is really a comedy show IMHO.

that was the conclusion of our weekly IT meeting this morning (we had nothing better to discuss). we decided that a motoring programme is defined as "something that you can only discuss with people who like cars". top gear is certainly not one because even the women at work talk about it, and most of them can only describe a car by its colour and size.

the big decider in last nights episode for me was the way JC kept saying "torques". you can not say a car has X amount of torques like JC repeatedly did. it has 500lb/ft of torque, not 500torques. if you presented a motoring show you would know that. then again if you presented a motoring show you would know better than to buy a gt40 or any lambo so it is blatantly obvious that top gear has as much to do with motors as cellotape.

it was good to see TG back to its old self, although the first couple of this season were good, last nights was how top gear should be imo and made me laugh a whole lot more (y)

JC does t all tounge in cheek because he can and imo it ads to the entertainment :)

and why if you presented a motoring show would you not own a gt40 or lambo....??? surely it doesnt matter what you do, if you can afford it and you want it you have it, cars are a matter of passion, for which JC has as he admitted, he doesnt care if they turn into ornaments (bar the gt) as its the car as a whole not the reliability etc... christ, if i could have either i would, any day of the week, with preferance to the gallardo spyder (y) :D :yum:

Porsche = german.... no offence ot anyone from there... or with a german car...

put give me anything other than german and french car any day.. so ferrari for me to ;)

maserati's and aston's are where ITS at.

there was a millionare on 5th gear that bought a maserati mc12, he was invited down to some filming at a track (forgot name, but that one thats NOT used in BTCC as its too narrow??) but it snowed, and frooze over, he drove it to th track, used it, crashed it, and chipped all manor of paint on the way, and then crashed it some more.
but much rather see someone getting their ar'ses out and using their supercars rather than just air conditioning them for 99.995% of their lives :rolleyes:

Back