Toad Advice

Currently reading:
Toad Advice

Will Gardner

Hi all,

I'm thinking of fitting a Toad Alarm to my Brava, probably soonish and am currently looking at either a Toad C1 or Toad C2 alarm system.

Do you think these alarms are about the best for their price range? They're £69.99 and £99.99, respectively. Also, how easy are they to wire in? My Dad has wired an alarm into a Pug 205 and a Fiesta previously so has a bit of 'know how' but are they relatively straightforward?

Thanks for your help :)

fitted a toad strling pro to my cinq with no problems at all.wire in as any other alarm.when i ordered mine from 'direct car parts' i received a wiring diagram specifc to the cinq so they would most likely do the same for your brava.makes it much easier as it shows the colour and location of the wires

hehe...

on my next car i'm gonna get a clifford.. just so i can have windows that can go DOWN as well as up using the alarm buttons ;) :slayer:

My Sei was considered a "low risk car" to warrant a discount on my insurance premium regardless of cat 1 alarm or not...

do you think it would be wise to buy a second hand cat 1 toad
from some 1 that has taken it off a cinq??

and how much do you think it would cost to
get it pro fitted???

not toad alarm but i had fitted a cobra cat 1 7928. £400 fitted and supplied. uses the original imob and the 2 on the cat 1. so 3 imobs in total. the guy who fitted it this car will go nowhere now. i had the shock sensor fitted. and came with it. auto re-arming should i accidently unlock it. ultr-sonic volumetric sensors. ans a shed load of other stuff. can add the window closer if need be but doesnt appeal to me. saving for the tilt sensor and adding a few more ultra-sonic sensors. one of the best alarms i could find.
also if i fit a solenoid kit, i can upgrade to a 5 button remote and have my doors, boot, bonnet, windows, locking / unlocking, arm and dis arm all on 1 key fob.

was going to get a clifford but then the guy at clifford told me not to as basically there ****. (dont think he had his job long).

really like that pager alarm that was on ebay, think its mannex or something. look great but u lose ur cat 1 status. guys at ferry secure (fitters) are looking in to fitting that over my cobra. so 5 immobs. 2 alarms. solenoid if wanted. controle of the car. i.e remote start, and all other things it does. will make my car a moving fortress. only thing they can take is my stereo.

Smee

D4NS said:
Just had the alarm fitted but cant seem to get the shock sensors to go off. They should go off when i shake it coz of the 2 stage shock sensor, shouldnt it. Shook it preety hard, any1 have any ideas y or should i call the guy back?
from memory shock sensors work by sharp taps,like a screwdriver hitting the glass rather that motion or tilt.

Back