General To Stilo or not....

Currently reading:
General To Stilo or not....

Ah ok, thats a shame, was going to pm you with details of a black 1.6, but its a 5 door ;)

Well, I liked the car but there was only two stamps in the service book, first inspection and one last year. It was a one owner car and was in pretty good nick but no sign of a cambelt change :/ They offered me 1800 trade on mine (books at 1900) which I was happy with but weren't willing to knock anything off so wanted 1000 extra to change.

Wasn't happy about putting that much cash in for a car with virtually no history. If he could have come closer though I would have been tempted because it was a good drive and a really nice looking car.
Being one owner is a really good sign.

Lack of service history is bad but doesn't prove the car has been abused.

You should insist the cam belt is changed together with some form of extended warranty but be wary of the garage doing it themselves as quite a few don't know how.

Last edited:
Being one owner is a really good sign.

Lack of service history is bad but doesn't prove the car has been abused.

You should insist the cam belt is changed together with some form of extended warranty but be wary of the garage doing it themselves as quite a few don't know how.
:yeahthat: Tis true that most places claim they can do stuff but stilos are fussy and son't like being poked around....Although I'd say I disagree about the service history the car you saw had done 82k with only one service not good that imo

Proof if a service history is good but if its missing doesn't prove its been hammered it just proves one previous owner or garage got careless with the service history book. Condition is most important, but then that said an important part of condition is a fully stamped up service history.

So if you view a mind car thats had 2 owners then maybe the history got lost, but in my opinion its worth trying to get one with history!

Anyways i'm going round in circles here but I think you get my gist!

Back